The Simpsons Thread

How bad are current episodes? Don’t think I’ve seen one in ten years. I would hope they are at least mediocre, if bland and stale.

I saw one or two a couple years ago when I was babysitting my niece. Mediocre was about right. Not offensive to me in the way the what-the-fuck seasons (mostly 11 and 12) that led me to quit the show were, anyway.

Man the good years are sooo good but some of the down years are sooo bad that I think I’d prefer not to play that lottery. That said I might be overestimating how much bad stuff there is, I’ve seen plenty of episodes that are “fine” but just forgettable.

I’m old and watched The Simpsons when it was on the Tracy Ullman show in the first place.

Hard to believe I’ve seen soooooo much Simpsons in my life and yet it’s been sooooo long since I watched a new one. I just assume that every episode for the last 15 years or so have been bad. Maybe more. It was a great 10-15 years though.

1 Like
3 Likes

According to that site three episodes from later than season 13 have greater than an 8 rating.

• season 23 episode 9 Holidays of Future Passed 8.2 rating

• season 19 episode 9 Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind 8.2 rating

• season 27 episode 9 Barthood 8.4 rating

1 Like

In

You’ve got about a 1/3 shot of getting something good. Go for it.

But you’ve gotta watch the whole ep if you get a bad one.

Thereyea

Let’s see if I can guess those blips that are way under the line in s4-9

Let’s see,

Season 4 is “So its come to this, a simpsons clip show.” Season 5 is the hardest because it’s such a small blip and there was no clip show that season. I’m gonna say “Lady Bouvier’s lover?” Season 6 is easy, the fucking dreadful “Another Simpsons Clip Show”.
Season 7 is really really hard because 138th episode spectacular is such a tremendous clip show. I do think that gets the slight nod over Lisa the Iconoclast though. As I mentioned before, there are 0 bad episodes in S7. It’s so strong. Season 8 is probably “The Secret War of Lisa Simpson” which I personally like but is the real only weak link of S8.

And 9 of course is Principal and the Pauper (which seems to be in 3rd place behind the Lady Gaga episode and it looks like something from S30 that I’ve likely never heard of) does anybody know what that S30 one is and if its really 2nd lowest rated of all time material. Was that the Family Guy crossover?

Yeah that’s fine. They may be terrible compared to peak Simpsons, but it’s a hell of a lot better than getting like, a random Family Guy episode

They really dropped the ball not making Holidays of Future Past the series finale. It is a certified banger of an episode and would have wrapped things up comfortably. The very next season has only 1 episode above a 7. Patheyic

2 Likes

Check out the episode above. It is very very good

Shockingly you are wrong about the season 9 episode. I assumed you were right until I checked it out. The S30 episode…

Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy

The Simpsons: Season 30, Episode 18

An all-female reboot of Krusty’s show leads Bart to join a girls group of protesters who commit crimes against the patriarchy.

Don’t need to watch that to see why…

Here’s a chart I found of the IMDB score for each episode.

The lowest score episode is Lisa Goes Gaga. Apparently the entire episode was a Lady Gaga cameo.

Wait, really? Is it All Singing All Dancing? It’s a fairly forgettable clip show, nothing on par with Another Simpsons Clip Show, but I didnt think that would beat out one of the most oft referenced jump the shark moments in tv history