The Shredders Ball

that right hand? @smrk4 @Lawnmower_Man

2 Likes

Monomyth

lol the end, when he’s doing what appears to be a pretty straightforward riff, that lil bouncy thing joins him after a while

Fu Skolnickens. chosen peeps

viva Brazil!

Start pushing somebody, maaaan

The distress of nations with perplexity. World chaos, world fear!

1 Like

whoa. is that the same music from Apocalypse?

There is a fantastic doc on Rhoads right now on Prime if you guys have not seen it :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I’ll put it on my list. I always like watching a good doc. :metal:

@Lawnmower_Man @smrk4 that first lead part in Hangar 18 at 12:57

right at 13:00 he does some out shit. transcribey

Doesn’t sound “out” to me. It’s an A natural minor scale (A B C D E F G) that lands on a target D, so I assume the progression is some form of Am → Dm (v-i). Maybe a chromatic chord or two in between which has some flavor. He’s all over that sixth (the F note) and even bends out of it in the part you’re talking about which is a bit unusual, so maybe that’s what you’re hearing. Here’s a quick and dirty transcription.

That second note is bent and released but I just entered them separately because the transcription software I’m using does a lot of weird things. So should be something like 12b13r12. The up arrows are full bends but it doesn’t show if or when they’re released. Hard to get the time exactly right in just a few minutes. Oh and I left out a slide 14/17 to start third bar because that’s how you get up there quickly to hit the G (20) on the B string (position shift).

2 Likes

hype!

It’s out in the sense that the phrasing is not insipid but inspired. Not harmonically out perhaps

And Mustaine follows with some total sickness, too lol I’m talking about their contributions to Lucretia now

Marty Goat tho

1 Like
1 Like

Hell yeah, that album was actually okay. Last decent Megadeth album. The sound levels are all weird on that recording though, like I’m not hearing the chords in full.

1 Like

still rockin’ and the message is fun lol

Dave is an interesting guy. bright, but eccentric af