The Professional Wrestling Thread

Cornette taking swings at Jericho’s diet? He may want to stick to attacking from a position of strength.

Jericho being a big Trump donor is obviously incredibly disheartening though. Not that I thought of him as some great guy, I could basically tell from reading one of his books that he’s something of a douche, but I still wouldn’t have really predicted him being a MAGA guy.

1 Like

She has hosted a ton of deplorables on his podcast too. Very Joe Rogan both sides like.

I want to watch her based solely on this Tweet.

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1357146906552508418

1 Like

Yeah I’m actually really excited for this women’s tournament. Hell I’m excited for Dynamite in general. Who the hell knows what’s going to happen with Kenta tonight.

Interesting politics x wrestling intersection while listening to today’s Jim Cornette’s Drive-Thru…apparently some internet sleuths are claiming that Stan Lane (of the Midnight Express and the Fabulous Ones) is the absentee father of freshman Colorado Rep and MAGA hellbeast Lauren Boebert.

There’s a forum I’ve been banned from (but still read). I should make a new account there.

cornette got in big trouble for some dumb racist “jokes” (and I didn’t get the reference until I looked it up, guess you had to live in the 80s when all that stuff was commonplace) but he’s a democrat (one of five remaining in kentucky I believe) so he cuts promos on R’s/trumptards which are usually pretty good or better. Life’s more complicated than insisting everyone is pure or total shit like a lot online want to do.

It’s kinda surprising he has the audience he does considering he mostly advocates for a throwback to old style wrestling but is very upfront on being a democrat. Not much venn diagram intersection there.

It’s weird that he’s a Democrat since he seems to have a cuckold fetish and he’s so dismissive of female and foreign wrestlers.

I thought the foreigner thing was from his promoter experience since they’re not a draw and he’s got a point with AEW’s female roster as that group is rough and I was surprised they added more japanese female wrestlers. They have to be very good to do anything but bore an american audience.

I don’t know about that… Riho turned into one of their biggest babyfaces. Thunder Rosa is also incredibly talented.

I haven’t watched AEW and I’m surprised to hear this (not just from you, heard this elsewhere too).

She must have improved a ton, because her in ring work as Kobra Moon in Lucha Underground was…not good.

She has. Lucha Underground is my favorite wrestling promotion ever and I found her incredibly lacking. She has gotten way better both from a wrestling and character standpoint.

1 Like

Pac scares the living hell out of me. Dude is straight menacing.

The space makes this tweet 100x more incredible

I’m loving what AEW is doing with The Acclaimed. The intro raps are actually pretty good in a vacuum.

He also skips over stuff like Sasha Banks and Bayley when watching WWE. He just does not care for women’s wrestling and constantly refers to them as “girls”.

Listen to Cornette’s review of the women’s Royal Rumble.

He doesn’t watch half the match. He makes a joke about thinking Mabel was in the match, when it was Nia Jax. And he just hates Bianca Belair winning.

Speaking of women in wrestling, did I ever tell you that I was friends with Miss Elizabeth near the end of her life? I might have told the story on 2+2.

Waaaaaaaaaat?

Please provide more

Not sure the year, probably around 2001 or something. My wife and I (she was my girlfriend at the time - we got engaged in 2002) lived in an apartment complex and as dog owners do, we would take our dog for a walk a few times a day. Of course, we would frequently run into the same neighbors, since we stayed in the gated complex.

One neighbor we would encounter frequently had a German shepherd. Our dog was little, but the two got along great, so we would always stop and let them play. We didn’t really get to know each other - just one of those neighbors you chat with briefly and enjoy seeing.

One day, we stopped and chatted with this neighbor for a while - she was pretty, always wore sweats and a baseball cap - and she told us she was going to watch her boyfriend’s son play basketball that night. Making conversation, my wife (I’ll just call her that) asked about her boyfriend. She said his name was Lex and that he used to be a wrestler. I was like Olympic wrestler or professional wrestler? She confirmed the latter and said she used to be married to another wrestler that we might have heard of, Randy Savage.

I knew her name was Liz and then a light bulb went off. I looked at her and did a double take. I asked, “Wait a second…are you…?”

“Yes, I used to be called Miss Elizabeth.”

holyshitomg - she was always hiding in sweats and a cap, so I never recognized her.

I stayed calm. After all, she was our friendly neighbor. Things were no different than before. I tried not to fanboy out (I never liked wrestling, but I had friends when I was a kid who did, so I watched a lot, and as a child of the 80’s I OBVIOUSLY knew MIss Elizabeth), but I had to explain to my wife who this was. I told her, “You’ve heard of Hulk Hogan, right? Well, aside from him, Liz might have been the most popular person in wrestling at one point.”

I actually think she appreciated that I knew who she was, but didn’t just start bombarding her with questions. I was obviously excited, but I still treated her like she was just our friend.

I did ask her who her favorite wrestler was from that era and she said George “The Animal” Steele. “He was a sweetheart.”

We became solid friends after that. I’ll tell some more later. Time for bed.

6 Likes