The Professional Wrestling Thread

Fun fact: Matt Hughes came to my taekwondo gym when I was ~14 or so and gave a private 2 hour seminar. It was the highlight of my life at the time. I know nothing about him now, but he left a good impression on preteen me. Wish him the best.

1 Like

Did you really have to make me picture Vince and Johnny Ace passing some poor woman around

Jay White fucking rules.

Adam Cole getting dissed was funny.

https://twitter.com/PlatinumMax/status/1537192490587066368

2 Likes

There were some domestic violence allegations against hughes (I think he denied them) but getting hit by a train is going to fuck you up at any rate especially if his head slammed into anything. edit–oh he was in a medical coma for 19 days, yeah that’s not good and he had a brain shear oh man he’s more than lucky to be alive but he’s gonna be a mess forever. He’s gonna do something we’re not gonna like again but his brain is off so I don’t know how to feel about that.

oh good the feud everyone was waiting for starts

Jungle Boy vs Christian

Yeah, that ending was bad.

I have no interest in seeing Christian wrestle in a major feud. And that’s nothing against Christian specifically, he’s just too damn old at this point.

Of the people born in the 1970s, there are maybe 10 who can compellingly carry a headlining feud in the ring. And like 7 of them are Japanese. Everyone else needs to stop or take a step back.

half the roster is over 40. Some old dude gotta be in the big feuds

so will osprey (I haven’t seen him wrestle yet) is supposed to be one of the best wrestlers in the world, you got the forbidden door and he’s facing

orange cassidy?

with a stare down on dynamite as the build, also cole announced no okada for the show. Jericho and Minaru and Guavara (who’s back in the faction now) vs some people There isn’t a single match I want to watch on this forbidden door ppv, you fucked it up gjge you god damn morons.

I just can’t buy into Cole being a top of the card guy. He seems so out of place. He needs to challenge for the lesser belts.

Also with 3 individual men’s belts, one of them should be for smaller guys (like Cole). Instead, it’s possible that Wardlow and Miro could be holding the 2 non-World Title belts in the near future.

I didn’t really care much about the Mox match, but that build was stupid and especially blowing it up to show off Sammy and Tay and build some trios match that I couldn’t care less about. Also Jericho subtly burying Tanahashi by mentioning his win over him.

I was holding out hope that White would challenge Danielson, I guess there’s still a chance.

I think there are some intriguing individual pieces for this card, but they’ve pretty much set up the card in the dumbest possible way considering the talent on it.

Dude, Matt Hughes is a piece of shit. I guess props to him for being honest about it in his autobiography and not hiding it but still a piece of shit. Maybe getting hit by a train changed his mindset though.

Can’t get the imagery out of my head of sending in Hughes, who moves like he’s 90, to take out a monster who just easily dismantled 20 big dudes.

I’m still hyped for Forbidden Door, but it definitely took a step back last night. I don’t know who Ospreay should be facing, but Orange Cassidy doesn’t feel like it’s it.

And Minoru should not be playing heel at this event. What are they doing? If it results in all of Suzuki-Gun beating down the JAS post-match, I’ll take my words back.

ZSJ challenged Danielson after Dominion. I’d be pretty shocked if we didn’t get that match.

As for Jay, I’m guessing he’s going to be challenged by Kenny Omega.

2 Likes

I realize there’s a ton of logistics issues that makes parts of this quite hard but this card so poorly thought out, 10 days to go and there’s what three matches fully confirmed, none of them being anything anyone actually wanted when it was announced and basically zero feuding to set it up. (and don’t get started on logic for any of this, rip that like where did the whole jericho is randomly borrowing guys from suzuki gun come from) Also, at least half the aew audience doesn’t know any of these guys and nobody is well introduced on this show and next week gonna be more people showing up (if I haven’t seen someone like ospreay then it’s safe to assume most of any american audience hasn’t either even a more hardcore base like aew)

So far we have:

Mox v. Tanahashi
Ospreay v. Orange
Thunder Rosa v. Toni Storm
Jericho and randoms v. Eddie and randoms part 17
All Atlantic Title 4-Way

Danielson v. Sabre is rumored and Jay White will probably be on as well.

Can’t say anything on that card has me intrigued and like wheat, I know basically nothing about the non-AEW regulars although White and Ospreay look great from what little I’ve seen.

“The name on the CEO desk does say McMahon”

https://twitter.com/stephmcmahon/status/1537764043473268739

1 Like

LOL what?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1537786958533079043

This is the most tone def response to a serious allegation. Of course the 12 year olds and redneck parents are going to cheer.

they will do anything for a ratings boost

https://twitter.com/wiretaup/status/1537864704722362370