The Professional Wrestling Thread

It was a terrible show.

I don’t think a single person came out of the PPV looking better than where they stood going in.

Lone exception might be Bad Bunny (and I’m not joking).

Before I read your last line I was gonna say the exact same thing. Random music artist looked incredible. Everyone else looks awful

Should I try to go to Dynamite on Wednesday?

the answer to this is… yes

she’s got a title match (totally earned having done… absolutely nothing in years) at elimination chamber

just make it a squash and move on

Against who?

absolutely. Both times I’ve went have been a blast.

How good were your seats?

6th row once and 12th row the next time. I bought during the presales for like $60. I don’t know the venue for your show but usually AEW runs places just small enough that all seats are good.

It’s going to be at Wintrust Arena in Chicago tomorrow. I didn’t realize because I only watched Dynamite yesterday. I don’t know if I can swing the logistics of it on short notice because I need to include a Hammond trip to make it worth my time.

Punk/MJF alone should be worth it.

1 Like

Will that match actually take place?

I kinda think MJF will back out somehow or the match will start and 4 guys run in and swarm Punk. So then they’ll have the match again at a PPV, but with a stipulation that MJF’s cronies are banned from ringside.

I guess they do have PPV main event quality matches on Dynamite from time to time, but that match seems too big for Dynamite imo.

Yeah I don’t see the match happening either. Too big of a feud. I assume it actually happens at Revolution.

I don’t see it just because Tony Khan has been adamant about not having bait and switches in AEW. I’ll be stunned if he decides to go back on that with THIS match and THIS crowd.

Doesn’t mean they can’t run a fuck finish or something and continue the feud to Revolution, though.

Oh yah, forgot it was in Chicago. I guess it could make sense then. I still think it continues to Revolution though, but seems like it’d lose a bit of luster if it’s just a rematch.

CM Punk vs MJF ( and Wardlow, Shawn Spears, and FTR in a handicap match)

I did like the idea I saw elsewhere of it being CM Punk vs My Jewish Friend Colt Cabana if they can work together.

Yah I still think there’s a strong chance those 4 run in within the 1st minute, but the fact that it’s in Chicago make me think it’s 50/50 we get a real match. vs. MJF cowardice. If it ends up with the run in and then we get some sick promos I’d be perfectly fine with that.

All will be forgiven if we don’t get much of a match but we get a moment like the long-awaited Wardlow turn.

Are there any free agents who make sense as a surprise run-in for this match?

Probably not for the CM Punk match but there’s a free agent rumored to be at Dynamite tomorrow.

I heard it was somebody else

2 Likes