The Presidency of the Joes, part II: lol documents

here’s an excerpt from freakonomics podcast. they define as top 2% of colleges as behaving differently from the rest. those are the ones who can afford to expand administration without increasing the student body.

BLAIR: Over the past 50 years, the number of students going to school in the U.S. has increased almost twofold.

Within that macro number, however, Peter Blair spotted a micro curiosity.

BLAIR: When we look at this expansion of colleges to absorb this increase in demand, most schools have been expanding except schools at the very top.

they see themselves as luxury brands, not as educational institutions

they should have their endowments taxed back to the stone age

1 Like

Once again asking for cliffs on how things been going politically. Democrats do anything good lately?

Inflation and gas seems like they’re just getting worse and worse. Everything seems fucked, supreme court about to do all the shit the psycho right has wanted to do forever.

It still looking like WAAF and Republicans going to get like 65 senate seats and 300 house seats?

Also hope you’re all doing well.

2 Likes

I might be in the minority around here, but I really don’t think student loan forgiveness is a winner for the Democrats.

Setting aside that 10k is a band-aid over a bullet hole of a problem, I don’t think it wins many votes we didn’t already have, and it amplifies a talking point that turns out people to vote R.

People that already paid off their loans would be pissed, people that never got loans don’t want to subsidize basket-weaving degrees, etc etc

1 Like

Yeah I mostly agree with this too. It’s obviously the right thing to do, but we’ve been losing the uneducated normal workers at a staggering rate and this is just going to make this much worse.

But from what I understand the game is over. With all the voting restrictions democrats aren’t going to win elections for a very, very long time. Like over a decade or more. I mean they might win the house or something every now and then but they aren’t getting the trifecta again.

So I feel like they should just ram through as much good shit as possible while they can regardless of how it affects politics because they’re dead in the water regardless.

It will take like a massive shift for them to beat the voting restrictions. Need more of the racist white boomers off, will need Republicans to completely fuck everything up badly, and even then they will need like a super charismatic. Even then its possible when Republicans get the trifecta they simply make it impossible for them to lose power.

Republicans would have to do something stupid like not choose Trump to be their nominee to lose.

DeSantis crushes even harder, imo. The problem is he can’t beat Trump in a primary.

Anyone else would be a mistake.

Thing is that if they choose DeSantis, Trump will run independent and split the right-wing vote.

I’m willing to bet on that.

If DeSantis wins GOP, then if Trump runs as an independent in the general, you win. Otherwise I win. No action if anyone other than DeSantis wins the GOP nom. I’ll take any amount upto $200. No escrow. Quote to book.

I wager 5 czech koruna

Hope hyperinflation doesn’t become a thing by then

Booked. Even money, BTW. I forgot to specify earlier.

5 Czech crowns is 22 cents. Enjoy your quasi-quarter.

I know, I’m just fucking around.

Here, 5 crowns is halfway towards buying a bottle of beer at the supermarket.

I mean it’d be a Budvar but it is still beer.

The point isn’t helping dems, it’s helping citizens!

This is nonsense, the point of winning elections is to win more elections duh.

1 Like

This fucking guy

https://twitter.com/jakesherman/status/1531273636342030336?s=21&t=7zAyFO6GyrVikHjEF_Xxdg

1 Like

Saying that should be an impeachable offense.

4 Likes

The report further details that, according to data from the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, “the number of federal requirements placed on colleges and universities grew by 56 percent between 1997 and 2012.”

Glad they took the time to muddy the waters and quote a Koch-and-Federalist-Society-funded puppet “university” that shockingly argues that gOvErNmEnT rEguLaTiOn is to blame.

And we’ve reached the “blaming aides” part of the proceedings. To be fair, I’m sure they do suck!

https://twitter.com/jonlemire/status/1531586329745801216?s=21&t=A78cjwpFvRUmWeDSPUslcg

Who could have ever seen it coming. Maybe the guy with a front row seat for the Obama Administration? But they were going to work with you cause you’re another old white guy right Joe? All the fuck offs.

Biden grouses that Republicans aren’t getting their share of the blame for legislative gridlock in Congress, while he’s repeatedly faulted for not getting his agenda passed.

The president has also told aides he doesn’t think enough Democrats go on television to defend him. A particular sore spot is his slumping poll numbers; he’s mystified that his approval rating has dropped to a level approaching that of his predecessor, Donald Trump, ranked by historians as one of the worst presidents in history.