The Presidency of the Joes: more like INFRASTRUCTURE WEAK

if he retired now they’d have to spend time on the clownshow that is scotus confirmation, rather than pandemic and conviction. this is easily something that can be a fight after 100 days, but in general i agree, as soon as possible.

I guess centrist was the wrong word but when I think of ideologies I tend to think globally and how America is an insane shithole right wing country and even the democrats are center right so anything right of Bernie/AOC/Squad is a centrist as they should be considered standard leftists.

So yeah @microbet nailed it when he said by centrist i meant standard liberal/dem.

Edit: I also wasn’t trying to be hostile, I’m not saying those people are shitlibs or anything just more economically conservative than a lot of us here and that usually correlates with their own economic status/interests.

5 Likes

Not sure how that’s a bloodbath. NC is already gerrymandered. I guess GA maybe, but that’s one state.

OH - already gerrymandered, now has commission
WI - already gerrymandered, now split
MI - already gerrymandered, now has commission
PA - already gerrymandered, now split
NH - lol, 2 reps, 5000 state reps, impossible to gerrymander
FL - I’m assuming already gerrymandered, a lost cause
TX - not sure, but also tough to gerrymander too badly when it’s cities surrounded by desert
The rest of the red states are all lost causes.

2010 was a bloodbath, this is less bad than I would have expected, given the election results.

2 Likes

I will do this. Sorry I responded to it.

1 Like

A little less bad, but, like, NY, CA, VA, WA, and CO should be gerrymandered maximally for Dems.

2 Likes

I think before their goal was to try and set a standard or something hoping for the courts to step in. But from what I remember on 5-4 the supreme court straight up said the courts could no longer rule on gerrymandering at all and it’s a political issue not a judicial one?

So no either dems adapt and gerrymander back or WAAF.

@Narrator ?

1 Like

Yeah, there’s 0 chance this court rules that gerrymandering is the racial discrimination it obviously is.

https://twitter.com/cnbcnow/status/1354119715849981953?s=21

31 Likes

Schumer must really be worried about getting primaried from the left?

Honestly I was ready to give up after his Senate picks but he’s been doing better than I expected lately.

2 Likes

Just need to find about 100 more AOCs and we will be ready to roll.

5 Likes

I’m 99% sure this is a joke, but there’s 0% chance Schumer ever gets primaried in NY

wow, that’s great. Can he just do that unilaterally?

Honestly I don’t know shit about NY politics but The Majority Report has been framing it that Schumer is suddenly being way more left because he has a primary coming up. He might not lose it but maybe it could be closer than he wants? But yeah thinking about it you’re right, these shitlibs never lose :(

He’s certainly been way more liberal recently, wonder whats driving that

The headline says “end” but the body of the story says “not renew”.

Makes sense.

Was the narrator wrong?

1 Like

No idea but if Ilhan thinks it’s good news, that’s a good sign it’s meaningful.

https://twitter.com/ilhanmn/status/1354130279007399938?s=21

7 Likes

My understanding is most federal use of private prisons is for immigration crimes and people awaiting trial in places with no federal jail. The feds also have contracts with county jails for those inmates, I suspect the idea is to send the jails all of those inmates.

I definitely identify with the Unstuck definition of “centrist”: anyone to Bernie’s right. Have never made 6 figures.

2 Likes