The Presidency of the Joes: more like INFRASTRUCTURE WEAK

Lol, you’re welcome.

Good points. I wasn’t meaning to state my point as being the sole or overwhelming reason behind voter motivations. I’m sure we both agree that it’s multi-faceted. I don’t have a study to cite, and you have probably read more on the subject than I have. I’m curious as to your take on what you’ve read about it, because I suppose I have some skepticism when political scientists survey people and ask their reasons for voting, how can they determine if the respondents are answering “truthfully” or giving answers that they think are the “right” thing to say. Similar to how when they survey religious folks, they may be more likely to respond with answers that align with doctrine rather than how they actually feel. There may not be better methods to use to gain insight into voter motivation than these types of surveys, IDK.

Overall I think we are more in agreement than disagreement, especially regarding the point that it is more about voters’ perceptions rather than “reality”.

1 Like

Lol.

Go back to brunch

6 Likes

in a two-party system i will vote for the party that votes 42-8 on min wage, than a party that voted 0-50. i will also vote in shitlib primary for a progressive candidate even if they are somehow also establishment.

7 Likes

Never voting again

2 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

lol worse than my 45 yes votes prediction. Incredible. Hopefully it leads to some of these shitheads getting primaried.

1 Like

Mark Kelly voted for it. Well obviously he’s in an easier state than Sinema to win re-election. Oh, the same state you say? Well, she’s gotta run for re-election before he does—you need time to get back in the voters good graces. Oh, his re-election is before hers? :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m as big mad as everybody but honestly just letting the country succumb to the modern republican party isn’t really an option. Work on getting progressives pushed through primaries.

The shitlibs are basically just there to prevent us from turning into a one party theocracy, which gives us time to move to the left. We have made a ton of progress on that in the last 4 years.

Yeah, this is of course reasonable.

I guess another angle to this is that I am much more comfortable with what are IMO legit arguments from the left that the centrists aren’t doing, but less comfortable with stuff like the “why hasn’t Joe had a press conference!” attacks. The second category of stuff feels to me like allowing conservatives to weaponize the lefts legitimate frustration with the eDems, but it doesn’t really help anyone but Republicans.

1 Like

Begone, Cuomo defender.

2 Likes

You’re calling someone stupid then advocating for a strategy that would guarantee republicans in government. Go on king.

1 Like

Well, sure, but he’d also be able to say “I told you so!” Worth it.

5 Likes

Maybe the onus should be on Biden voters to come around to the Green Party candidate next time if they want to avoid Republican control. It is and always is been despicable to shame someone for not voting for a candidate that they don’t support.

9 Likes

Refusing to deal with reality and the consequences of your decisions is nothing more than simple immaturity.

2 Likes

2 more votes and grey probably could have passed lowering the minimum wage or abolishing it completely.

Granted, I dont fault someone for voting their beliefs. IMO its probably more realistic to advocate for action in the primaries than a third party. Bernie did finish second after all. No third parties were even in the game.

It’s always projection, isn’t it?

3 Likes

I’m sure he has a real shot next year. He can definitely fade Obama calling everyone to drop out, Pete endorsing in exchange for personal rewards, Warren taking 15m from a Joe Arpaio donor.

It’s great to know the entire republic hinges on my one vote though, I have the power.

2 Likes