The Presidency of the Joes: more like INFRASTRUCTURE WEAK

I think the people struggling with this new place have too big of ego’s and can’t handle other disagreeing with them. Yes even many of my lefties.

Although yes, the personal attacks should slow down, they don’t bother me but it’s obvious they bother others.

I mean hell we all posted on 2+2, that place was way worse.

This recent debate was a good debate. Everyone always agreeing with each other all the time is boring anyways.

9 Likes

:classical_building:

1 Like

Totally agree. My only wish would be the following two things.

1. attack the idea not the person. A persons nationality or job almost never have any bearing on a discussion. It’s lazy and against progressive ethics to attack these traits instead of the idea being discussed.

2. ask yourself if you ever post about having your mind changed on a topic. If not, why? There are people here far smarter than us on various topics. If we are not regularly having our minds changed we are almost certainly not debating in good faith.

3 Likes

Agree

Hope moms recovers soon buddy.

2 Likes

Oh, look at the Canadian wishing people were more polite. How typical…

9 Likes

@MrWookie called this two months ago: https://unstuckpolitics.com/t/being-a-mod-or-admin-is-intolerable-and-this-community-is-at-a-high-risk-of-dying

I just want to make sure that you and others who feel that way know that I want there to be no billionaires, no guns, no confederate public statues, no good people who must live somewhere because of the randomness of birth place, no one who should worry about medical bills food or shelter not caused by major irresponsibility, and several other leftist concepts I have advocated in my writings. I am also the reason that bruce z left 2+2. Not saying there aren’t other reasons to disapprove of me posting. But if you do, don’t let it be due to inaccurate information.

7 Likes

Not liking this place is NBD, most people post about politics despite finding it unpleasant.

Huh?

The issue with 1 is that a lot of our disagreements are not really over ideas but over values, and values are a deeply personal thing. This gets to #2 as well. I don’t expect people to change their minds very much here, even in light of expertise. Most of the passionate disagreements are over differing values, and values don’t change often or because an expert has different ones.

5 Likes

Bruce left because of being de-modded, and IIRC, David knew that would happen when he de-modded him.

Let’s assume this is correct, I still see no value in attacks on nationality.

Sure.

Even Quebecers!?!?!?

1 Like

Hardly surprising, given that some object to apathy about concentration camps.

No. I didn’t de mod him. I am talking about my debates with him that came earlier. He tried to sort of logically defend slavery and I vanquished that argument by getting him to agree that it would not be immoral for a slave to murder his owner to attain freedom. Later I dissappointed him by asserting that even though his cockroach argument didn’t absolutely prove his racism his defending separate bathrooms absolutely did regardless of the technical logical arguments that he thought would make me an ally. I have nothing to do with forum decisions and barely know what a mod is. But I have been told that my words to him followed by others were the main reason he left

2 Likes

I think it’s great even if you do.

Vanquished huh?

This is all true actually.

People seem to forget that when BruceZ was making his racist arguments, there were people he was arguing against. That’s generally how an argument works. Chez was another, also FoldN.

Yikes, I hadn’t seen those threads. So then he truly was quite the racist.

NGL though, I wish he’d keep making math posts lol. An indirect benefit of him leaving was that it led to this gem of a post elsewhere.