The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

2 Likes

This. Very different situation. The excitement to vote for Kamala and to vote against Trump makes me hopeful.

1 Like

Also the state of the country is much different than it was then due to covid/economy. Also its easier to run on trumps bull as an outsider instead of the incumbent.

2 Likes

I see he has fully adopted the oratory style of his father. Wildly gesticulate with your arms while your elbows appear to somehow be attached to your ribs.

1 Like

I meant more of a snafu according to sane people

Iā€™m pretty shook, but the polling is much better this time. The lead is larger and Biden is over 50% in basically every legitimate poll as compared to Hillaryā€™s persistent 40-45%. Also Biden is far less offensive to the moron suburban types Trump needs to crush to have a chance.

2 Likes

Suburban moms are pretty excited about Kamala. I donā€™t see the Kaine comparison at all. The cheating definitely has me shook though and I expect Biden to lose. Not really super worried about Biden losing a fair election tbh

3 Likes

Fyp

It is the same and the Democrats are doing the same. Hopefully more people hate Trump. We know that wonā€™t come from Republicans, but maybe a lot of people who arenā€™t party members who paid little attention in 2016 have seen and believe that Trump is awful.

I think youā€™ve mentioned as well that thereā€™s a lot more stuff happening before the votes are cast. So its a bit early to be shook There will be debates, and more news on the pandemic, the racial tension and the economy. If Biden can take advantage, Trump seems super vulnerable on things like having no core values and no plan for a second term. ā€œTurn the shit back on againā€ doesnā€™t sound like a solid economic plan.

I would be more comfortable though if Dems would drill the word ā€œvoteā€ into every democratā€™s head. Iā€™m not hearing enough about jumping all the obstacles and making sure your vote and your friends votes count.

Wish I could man but I feel the same exact way.

Except for the Kamala = Kaine comparison. Kaine is basically a sweater vest with a head sticking out of it. Kamala actually has personality and some semblance of aggression.

The biggest difference I see is that now white people feel uncomfortable. White people who used to live their lives largely unaffected by politics in everyday life are being negatively affected for the first time. Now that covidā€™s going on, they personally feel the impact and might be more inclined to vote.

Will it be enough? Who knows? Weā€™ll find out.

1 Like

But do running mates make much difference?

Iā€™m certainly concerned about the possibility of Trump winning, but the big difference between now and 2016 is that now Trump has a presidential (or non-presidential, as the case may be) track record. He was attractive to a lot of people, not only because of racism and all that, but also because he was different. In 2020, there are lots of former Trump voters and Trump-leaners who have seen how bad he is and wonā€™t vote for him. Lots will, of course, but lots wonā€™t. As much as I wasnā€™t thrilled about the eDems catering to eRepubs in the DNCC, I can understand why they did it - there are probably a lot of Republican votes ripe for the picking.

EDIT: I do think they should have included more of the progressive wing of the party, but I can understand why they may have thought that just picking one direction was the right move.

1 Like

This post is Trump levels of falsehoods and negative wishcasting.

Basically the Dems are counting on enough of the shittiest Americans either voting for Biden when they couldnā€™t for Clinton, or not voting at all when they voted Trump last time.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1298283961551138817
( twitter | raw text )

California is mailing a ballot to every registered voter regardless of vote by mail status, along with a few other places like Hawaii, Nevada, Utah, Vermont, and DC.

1 Like
3 Likes

This, and I cannot overstate how big I believe it is that people are excited to vote FOR Kamala and AGAINST Trump.

Iā€™ll keep fighting for a blowout and just deal with the shock if it doesnā€™t happen.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1298296592764735490
( twitter | raw text )