The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

Dem voters like the let’s work together and meet in the middle talk. Which is annoying as shit when you’re dealing with an opponent and a voting block who is willing to say exact opposite of a minute ago without nary a brain cell going “hey this isn’t right”.

The right move for Democrats is to say they’re negotiating but not actually negotiate. We are so beaten down it’s impossible for us to think they’re playing this well but it seems to me they are playing this well.

3 Likes

You make some good points but for some of us a Trump win or Trump seizing power is catastrophic. It’s the end of the Affordable Care Act, so I’m utterly fucked on that one.

If this USPS stuff works, an absurd number of people will be disenfranchised.

And who knows where a Trump dictatorship goes? Free speech is already rapidly declining. Many already didn’t have it, but more not having it isn’t helping any.

Everything gets that much worse for immigrants, people of color, women (Roe is toast if he wins), protesters, etc.

I mean we’re at the point where he can literally do anything he wants via EO.

None of this is wrong, but what people find most upsetting right now is that what most of us had envisioned was that, while things are unacceptable for POC, LGBTQ+, etc., we’re making some progress, and also, there is a wall backing us up of things the president cannot do to make their lives that much worse, and also to turn the lives of people who disagree with the president into the same boat, even if they’re straight, white, Christian guys. This move, on its own, isn’t going to change any of our lives appreciably, but if it’s allowed to stand, it’s proof that that wall, perhaps one that we only imagined was there, is completely gone. Even if it was imaginary, it sure seemed like everyone, even the oppressors, agreed it was there, until Trump. If that wall is gone, then nothing is off the table.

2 Likes

Senator Ocasio-Cortez: Now, about those avatars…

3 Likes

That was a great statement until “meet us halfway.”

You’re too deep in the day to day, hour to hour.

Most people have no idea any of this is happening. They’re going to get no money on the eve of the election and they’re going to blame Donald Trump.

3 Likes

I know you have taken some shit here so let me just say I think my you are both a kind and wise soul. Caring about your tribe will never be a weakness. The biggest lie in USA #1 is that somehow compromising that to fire yourself into the capitalism meat grinder is good as long as you have a nicer car, house and go to Sandals™.
I have appreciated your perspective during all this.

13 Likes

Ds already Tomahawk jammed on Trump.

a) while initial reports were scary dictatorship stuff, the actual executive orders were weak and ineffective

b) if Trump caves to even halfway after all this he looks like a weak loser… which unfortunately does mean he is unlikely to cave

c) w/o any further action, shit is going from bad to worse and there is going to be a D tsunami. Only chance Trump has is through massive post office shenanigans but think Ds are likely to win in person as well.

Mail voting benefits R skewing older folks anyway before Trump did everything in his power to discourage it. Would have to just toss ballots from D counties and shit at that point, which is possible but not too concerned about that yet

1 Like

I think we gotta go with what we got. Maybe the plan all along was for 2.2 trillion instead of 3.8 trillion, in which case, Im ok going on the high side and looking like we are the adults in the room by being flexible and still getting a ton of what we need.

Paging narrator

3 Likes

If that’s the plan I’m fine, and they played it well. A key to me is to not go below $600/wk. Trade time on the back end before you give you money per week. If they get at least to like January 10 they can make it retroactive after the inauguration.

The key to me is you need a polarized outcome. Full help til mid January or nothing.

You can control your own stitches!

1 Like

At this point I’m either dropping off a mail-in ballot myself or voting in person. I’ll risk dying of COVID to vote against this motherfucker.

You can plant that I Voted sticker right on my P100.

3 Likes

There’s really a pretty decent chance that Trump gets covid and dies.

2 Likes

Not sure I follow. You mean we’re all in that group? It’s not like we’re all shaking hands with Bolsonaro or hanging out in ERs.

1 Like

I knew I might walk into that. Was hoping you missed that post.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/DanaBashCNN/status/1292272464530214912

I see a massive coward says something until he backs down later

(he’s really just against what it does)

Let’s see if he votes to impeach!

@Narrator?

2 Likes

Anyone who pays any attention at all to the news knows that President Trump moved past the gridlocked Congress and got things done with his own pen by ensuring unemployment benefits continue, lowering taxes on the working class, and helping out those with student loans.

That’s what your average everyday Joe was told tonight by ABC, CBS, and NBC.

Sounds like a leader to me.

3 Likes