The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

Who knows why Eddie Eagan is famous?

1 Like

I will always have a soft spot for RBI baseball because one time my friends brother got so mad at it that he tried to throw his controller out the window. Of course back then they were attached to the console so it didn’t go too far.

If I am remembering correctly, we were playing RBI baseball 2. My friend using the Blue Jays ldo. His brother using the As. Bottom of the ninth, As up 1. Friends brother has Eckersley in for the save, he was basically unhittable in the game. Friends brother gets 2 outs, then intentionally walks some decent hitter (Kelly Gruber?) to pitch to Manny Lee. Eck gives up the 2 run shot to Manny Lee. Pandemonium.

7 Likes

I used to have a Danny Ainge baseball
Card (actually several of them) as shortstop on the BlueJays.

1 Like

Doubtful - since he was a 2B/3B.

1 Like

He’s going to be in the administration in some form, isn’t he?

I’m confused. That link doesn’t talk about Kasich playing one sport, let alone two… :thinking:

24 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if both Kasich and Mitt get some kind of role. C’mon, man! We gotta heal the country.

What a great video. Bo was my hero when I was a little kid. Young Michael Vick is another guy who gave me that feeling of watching something supernatural when he ran.

Picking Mitt would be a big mistake as his vote could be needed in the Senate. Doubt he’ll be a reliable vote, but might be able to get him on this like nominations (and could be needed if Manchin being ornery).

The Republicans of yesterday will be the Democrats of tomorrow. The centrist/moderate dems of yesterday will be the radical left wing of tomorrow.

5 Likes

Grunching a bit but Lebron obviously would have been a Hall of Fame WR/TE if he played football. Or any other athletic activity for that matter. Jordan maybe a better overall basketball player, but Lebron is possibly the greatest athlete of all time. These days there’s no real reason to play multiple sports unlike the Bo/Primetime era.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1284978834127953920

Just always the best people in this admin

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1284971113664086023?s=21

Sorry about the continuing derail, but Mookie Betts has bowled several pro tournaments and probably will do so after his baseball career is over. Former Giants pitcher John Burkett bowls senior pro tournies.

2 Likes

Same. IIRC Clemens and Eck were the only pitchers in the game able to throw over 100 mph.

At least I think that was the case in RBI Baseball 3 for Sega Genesis.

John Yoo lol.

“Suppose President Donald Trump decided to create a nationwide right to carry guns openly,” Yoo writes in his National Review op-ed. “He could declare that he would not enforce federal firearms laws, and that a new ‘Trump permit’ would free any holder of state and local gun-control restrictions.”

Am i crazy or thats not how federal laws work in respect to state laws?

“Even if Trump knew that his scheme lacked legal authority, he could get away with it for the length of his presidency. And, moreover, even if courts declared the permit illegal, his successor would have to keep enforcing the program for another year or two.”

why would his successor have to keep the program?

What’s next: The first test could come imminently. Trump has said he is about to unveil a “very major” immigration policy via executive order, which he says the Supreme Court gave him the power to do.

*** The order could include some protections for immigrants who traveled to the U.S. illegally as children, something most Americans support.**

Trump giving immigrants protections? Yea i’m a bit skeptical.

https://mobile.twitter.com/karaswisher/status/1284867326693736456

9 Likes

It’s gonna be reallocating some visas that currently go to foreigners to DACA recipients that meet strict criteria, and then the DACA recipients that do not meet the strict criteria will be immediately targeted for deportation.

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/lawrencehurley/status/1285217598276280320

Hot take: Bo was overrated. He wasn’t a player you could build a franchise around. His highest WAR was 3.1 and you couldn’t rely on him to play football until October or November. He should have picked one or the other.

2 Likes