The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1285035393839181824?s=20

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1285035800988659717?s=20

1 Like

Jordan’s was higher than that. Even having Jordan sitting in the dugout could have boosted ticket sales enough to justify it. And in a blow out, you might even be able to get him out there for a bit.

No, Foucault is an idiot. The beating was well deserved. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I guess if you’re trying to escape, sure fine. If you’re trying to get to the MLB because you’re the greatest at something else and want to prove you can do it, legit waste of time.

That’s pretty intense for 11-12 year olds or was it 9-10?

Case rested. If I were the greatest ever at something and wanted to prove I could do something else well I’d want to do it the right way and wouldn’t want to be sitting on the bench waiting my turn in mop up time and to help another rich a-hole sell tickets.

Like I never understood the mentality of just playing the game to play the game. If I played the game, I wanted to be on teams that won and were competitive even if I sucked.

I’m not sure which case you’re referring to, but if you’re referring to this one:

I think we can move to summary judgement against you immediately.

4 Likes

In which nunnehi lectures
 [checks notes]
 Michael Jordan on 
 [checks notes again]
 sports.

21 Likes

curls fist literarily

So your pitcher struck every single batter out, including 6 extra players? Probably should have had the whole team behind first base.

3 Likes

Lol yea. Like MJ is in the top 0.01% of all professional athletes in athletic ability. Dude could have tried out for the NHL without even knowing how to ice skate and he’d have a better chance than 99% of people not in the NHL.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1284849664395816960

1 Like

Yep
 Probably should have replaced the catcher. IIRC the first baseman dropped one or two, as well.

I mean what’s happening here, saying that 1 cannot transition to other sports at the top level and compete? Nevermind one of the greatest sportsmen off all time, I never. :thinking:

I give you Steady Eddie, some say Australians best ever sportsmen.

In 1975, the year before Embassy cigarettes’ sponsorship and BBC TV coverage was to begin to transform the sport, he led Ray Reardon 29-25 in the final in Melbourne, only to seize up on a brown from its spot, which he would normally have potted and which would have put him five up with six to play. He lost 31-30 and never came as close again.

Charlton made his first century break when he was 17, late by today’s standards, and spent much of his youth on more robust sports, including 10 years of first-grade football, the 1950 National Surfing Championship with the Swansea-Belmont crew, a string of victories in speed rollerskating and competitive cricket, athletics, boxing and tennis. He was one of the carriers of the Olympic torch for the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne.

While he was still a miner,he became a snooker professional in 1963 at the age of 33, winning the Australian title the following year and remaining champion every year except one until 1985.

Supported by his backer, Jack Chown, he challenged John Pulman for the world title in 1968 - this in the days when the champion defended against any challenger who made a satisfactory commercial offer - but was beaten 39-34 at Bolton and did not enter again until the championship was held in Australia in 1970, by which time it had reverted to a knock-out format.

He looked a certain finalist, but was shaken up, perhaps more mentally than physically, in a car accident on his way to the first day of his semi-final against Warren Simpson, a fellow Australian to whom he very rarely lost, and never fully recovered from a poor start.

Another title chance came along in 1973, but his 7-0 lead over Reardon in the final at Manchester turned into a 38-32 defeat and enhanced his reputation as a nearly-man, which was to be heartbreakingly confirmed two years later.

2 Likes

I always backed up the throw to first from RF. Gotta do something out there.

1 Like

MLB at bats: 0, exactly as many as I predicted he would have after I saw his swing.

Not lecturing anyone. You can look at the history and come to the conclusion yourself. It was clear to me when he came into baseball he didn’t have enough, and well

I think you were like 5 or 6 when this happened and this was at the tail end of when I actually still paid attention to baseball and was curious about how someone as great as him at one sport could do in another.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1284912638577655808?s=20

1 Like

You should have linked to unstuck

1 Like

If you’re talking about greatest two sport athletes, or even if you’re just talking greatest athletes period
It’s Bo.

5 Likes
11 Likes

lol, her wikipedia page is a phenomenal read.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/1284986635675815936?s=20