The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

Isn’t July 31 the day the PPP amounts run out?

I’m assuming most business will pay all
Employees until the PPP fund they received are gone and after that it’s go fuck yourself time.

1 Like

So I’m guessing he heard about the SCOTUS decisions early and he is not happy. Would say he definitely lost the NY one, Congress one still anybody’s guess.

3 Likes

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a good explanation of exactly what might be in his tax returns that an informed analyst would be likely to uncover.

For example, I’m not sure if his personal return would require disclosure of debts owed by business entities he controls. If Trump Money Laundering LLC borrows $100 million from MEMLV LLC (which isn’t initially obviously “Middle East Money Laundering Vehicle,” I’m not sure that would show up on an individual return and even if it did it isn’t like anyone has any idea who is really behind the lender, I think?

Yeah I’ve never understood the fascination with his tax returns other than the fact that if he’s so desperate to conceal them there must be something bad in them.

1 Like

I think this is how it started; now it’s a matter of him blatantly ignoring the law.

1 Like

As nice as it is to hope that they contain evidence of crimes, I think it’s more likely that they contain evidence that he is not as rich as he claims and the reason he wants to hide them is pure vanity.

6 Likes

For the 0.01th time, that’s not how testing works, asshole!

13 Likes

Need itshotinvegas here to clarify the percentage situation.

4 Likes

I think there is a reasonably high likelihood that the devastating thing in them is that Trump just ain’t that rich and that’s all.

4 Likes

Yup. It’s likely this.

1 Like

Can’t remember if I mentioned this before but my wife’s aunts have bought tickets and going down there just to protest

2 Likes

McGirt first, opinion by Gorsuch joined by RBG, Breyer, Sotomayor, and Kagan.

Wut

For purposes of the Major Crimes Act, land reserved for the Creek Nation since the 19th century remains “Indian country.”

“Today we are asked whether the land these treaties promised remains an Indian reservation for purposes of federal criminal law. Because Congress has not said otherwise, we hold the government to its word.”

Roberts filed a dissenting opinion, joined by Alito and Kavanaugh in full and by Thomas except for a footnote. Thomas also filed his own dissenting opinion.

1 Like

This was how the experts expected this one to go fwiw

For Gursuck to opine with the libs?

Yeah, he sides with the Native American tribes in cases all the time apparently.

In a normal presidency, they would be impeachable, but with Trump it doesn’t matter if they explicitly say “BRIBERY MONIES FROM V. PUTIN,” it won’t affect a single vote, he is immune from any kind of federal prosecution and gl trying to get the SDNY to bring him in for questioning.

I think Dems just have this obsession with the idea of taking Trump down via epic scandal, whether it’s the secret pee tape or the redacted bits of the Muller report or his SAT scores or these tax returns. None of that stuff is going to move the needle. Trump does openly corrupt shit in plain sight and no one stops him.

Look at that Vindman ad from our friends at the Lincoln Project. Oh my, did Trump disrespect the honor of Lt. Col Vindman? I’m sure the folks who are unemployed in the middle of a pandemic are really worried about that.

Trump v. Vance

It is by Roberts. The vote is 7-2.

Article II and the Supremacy Clause do not categorically preclude, or require a heightened standard for, the issuance of a state criminal subpoena to a sitting President.

Kavanaugh concurs in the judgment, joined by Gorsuch. Thomas dissents, joined by Alito.

“Given these safeguards and the Court’s precedents, we cannot conclude that absolute immunity is necessary or appropriate under Article II or the Supremacy Clause. Our dissenting colleagues agree,” the chief writes.

https://twitter.com/stevenmazie/status/1281230066660368396?s=20

2 Likes

Eh, none of these ads may have been helpful if “Comrade” Bernie was the alternative to Trump. But it’s designed to increase and solidify the strangling of the R party by the migration of the affluent suburban dipshit crew to the moderate D column. Think it’s pretty effective at that.

If it’s remanded, I assume that means he can go back and try some different bullshit argument and run out the clock?

Mazars is up.

Again by Roberts, again 7-2: From the syllabus: “The courts below did not take adequate account of the signficant separation of powers concerns implicated by congressional subpoenas for the President’s information.”