The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

Can a show really be failing if the POTUS watches it?

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised T didnā€™t tweet the clip of DDouchebag saying heā€™d vote for Trump over Bernieā€¦ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Just to give additional context to how lol him tweeting about a decomposing body of a TV show is, it got a 0.05 in the 18-49 demo and 800k viewers the last time it was tracked a few weeks ago. .05 equates to about 200k viewers from the ages of 18-49. Around 75 percent of his viewers are over 50, which is the equivalent of death to advertisers even on cable news. It routinely lands well out of the top 100 cable programs on Saturdays, though it does seem to have more viewers now than when it started (lol).

Itā€™s just extreme lol at how this guy ever got a show on MSNBC. Trumpā€™s not wrong about how pitiful the show is, but not for the reasons he claims it is.

Ive watched 2 er OK 1 1/2 episode of it on YT, and can confirm the shows terribleā€¦ It didnā€™t even have the J. Ep case at the weekend as I watched the start to see what he was doingā€¦ Lmao.

I heard he was good at the adverts though :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1160342632285036544?s=19

Probably just slipped tRUmpā€™s mind, Iā€™m sure he had every intention of sending a nice message to his Muslim brothers around the world, lol.

Lol good one, mooch!
https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1160720589553905664?s=19

So I know its the common wisdom but why are people over 50 bad for advertisers? They usually have plenty of disposable income, they watch a lot of TV, theyā€™re super gullible and buy dumb shit, they got lots of nieces, nephews, kids, grandchildren etc to buy gifts for.

I would think like 50-65 would be like the best age group to aim commercials at.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/andylevy/status/1160713297332772864?s=20

1 Like

Because the kids are who spend money. They have tons of data that backs up that if youā€™re above 50, you donā€™t meet any of their advertising goals. A common data set is 25-54, the very last time people are measured. And your argument has been being asked forever about why 50+ means youā€™re dead.

Advertising rates are set on 18-49, so it doesnā€™t matter to them if you have a zillion 50+ watchers (shows like NCIS have this problem). Thatā€™s why the advertising on cable news programs is so bad. Theyā€™re marketing to old people with most of their ads, and none of those ads are dependent on buying a wide scale mass marketed product. Theyā€™re specifically targeted to the ā€˜needsā€™ of the audience. Your goal is to set the highest rates and have the youngest skewing ads. Cable news is dominated by 50+ viewers so that will never happen.

The explanation that Iā€™ve always heard has to do with the flexibility of consumer preferences. Some advertising is done to introduce new products, but a lot of it is trying to get people to prefer a certain brand over a competitor.
And, by the time youā€™re 50+ you have probably already chosen your primary bank, you know if you prefer Coke to Pepsi, Ford over Chevy, etc, so advertising isnā€™t as effective and the ROI of that ad dollar isnā€™t as high.

2 Likes

This really rings true to me. I can tell you that my preferences are already calcifying somewhat in my mid 30ā€™s. The new-new stuff (especially music) just isnā€™t as appealing to me as it used to be. I find myself enjoying rewatching tv shows Iā€™ve already watched that make me smile instead of watching something new and dreary.

My tolerance for on screen violence seems to be going down as well. Itā€™s just not as fun as it used to be. I donā€™t think I could watch Sons of Anarchy again for instance (not that it deserves a second watchā€¦ Iā€™m saying that if Iā€™d never seen it I would never bother with it now).

1 Like

Ah that makes a lot of sense. Thanks guys.

NO WAY BRO SHE WAS A FLAWED CANDIDATE AND ALSO SHE DIDNT GIVE PEOPLE SOMETHING TO VOTE FOR AND ALSO BOTH SIDES ARE EVIL

1 Like

Probably should go in the other thread but goddamn that narrative is fucking infuriating. Itā€™s so disgustingly myopic and privileged.

HILLARY WAS JUST THE SAME OLD SAME OLD STATUS QUO SHE DIDNT EXCITE ANYBODY

Iā€™m fairly certain those millions were excited about the status quo of not being ripped from their children.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1160763205989388288
( twitter | raw text )

For a second there I thought he was trying to go full n-word racist.

the p is silent

1 Like

My kids laughed at me when I said I like Bernie. WHOā€™S LAUGHING NOW BITCHES???

1 Like

No Executive Time this morning?