The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

https://twitter.com/BrianKarem/status/1182760086466387972

#Trumpghazi at the very least here.

Not only that, but Reagan has been hailed as one of the greatest modern presidents by the GOP and even given a lot of credit by moderate Democrats who are afraid to buck the conservative talking point that Reagan was amazing.

What did Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and Tucker Carlson have to say about Reagan? Anyone at Fox News? Oh, right…

Yeah, Trump is dumber and his corruption and crime are far more blatantly obvious, but we live in a far more polarized society where facts are optional, and there’s a non-stop right wing spin operation that owns the minds of 30-40% of Americans, and thus (due to gerrymandering) almost half of Congress.

At any rate, there’s a non-zero chance that in 10-15 years, every Republican convention speech is longing for the good old days of the Trump era, hailing Saint Donald as being second to Abraham Lincoln for all-time great presidents, and talking about how the Trump tax cuts and deregulation spurred us on to an incredible accumulation of American wealth and respect around the world.

And we’ll be listening along and gagging on our shitty domestic beer that we’re drinking because all imports are tarriffed to death, and we’ll be drinking them through a legally mandated MAGA straw due to the Trump Loves Straws and So Does America Act that passed in 2022, while we enjoy the view at oceanfront bars in Houston, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Orlando and the booming new ocean town of Rancho Cucamonga, because fuck us that’s why.

1 Like

Some extremely normal, hard-hitting journalism going on in rightwing media. If I have it straight, the timeline is:

• Fox releases poll showing majority support for impeachment and removal (in line with all recent polls).

• AG Barr has private meeting with Rupert Murdoch.

• Next morning, Trump bashes Fox poll (“they suck”) and how unfair the network has been to him. He then promotes OANN on twitter.

• OANN makes Trump’s praise the lead news story on their website.

• Shep Smith resigns from Fox.

The highest compliment in the rightwing newsroom is praise from the Dear Leader. They’re competing to see who can be most loyal to a literal imbecile. It’s gross.

A reporter for The Daily Telegraph in the UK. It’s a horrible right wing paper, but farily reputable so I doubt this is made up. Not sure what’s meant by “it’s all over”.

https://twitter.com/Josiensor/status/1182751126195712000

LOL nunnehi.

He’d be favored over a generic Dem to run for governor in like 26 states and a toss up in a few others, and he’d win mayoral elections in damn near every non-college town of less than like 50,000 people in those states.

And if he wanted to be dog catcher, he could just shoot their current dog catcher on Main Street and name himself dog catcher, and if King Donald tweeted out the request, all of the local Republicans would voluntarily bring their dogs to him to be euthanized.

1 Like

What was Trump’s answer?

He will be pidcked up. Hes a better than average anchor

It’s not reputable, it’s a rag and has been since the Barclay brothers took it over to further their own business interests. Most of the reputable though right wing journalists left it. Boris Fucking Johnson writes a column for it.

1 Like

Kobane already looked like this from the battle against ISIS in 2014-15

It was being rebuilt. If Turkey ~= ISIS is accurate, then I guess they are getting ready to take it back.

1 Like

Scenario A: Virtually the entire country trusts the mainstream media and agrees on facts.

Scenario B: Almost half the country is brainwashed by right wing bulllshit and thinks that everything left of Fox News is FAKE NEWS and even about 25% think Fox News is shaky, but Breitbart, InfoWars and OANN are legit.

Same situation?

1 Like

He already gave them a taste when he promoted OANN. A huge part of Fox News viewership would stop watching Fox if Trump said so.

Did you miss that part of the President’s idiot lawyer brief related to how presidents can’t be even investigated for crimes while sitting? In it, the lawyer made perfectly clear that this same immunity the president has under their scenario doesn’t apply to the Veep. Oh damn.

I like you a lot you are a very good poster.

2 Likes

You’re right, reputable was the wrong word choice. I don’t think they have foreign correspondents who make up quotes like that, but I haven’t read a word of it for years so I guess I don’t really know.

Why do these assholes never die. Rupert Murdoch is like 90. Trump is a walking heart attack. Strom Thurmond. Jesse Helms. Fucking die already.

2 Likes

And when he gets picked up, it’s going to fit right into the right wing view that he’s a RINO.
Obviously none of us care but that’s what’s going to happen. And then the Fox viewer will double down on the brainwashing when Fox moves even further to the right.

Never. Geraldo is a personal friend of Trump.

1 Like

I might have come over as a bit harsh there, which wasn’t intended.

1 Like

Did you miss the part where the right wing media brainwashed almost half the country, and establishment Dems have no spine?

It doesn’t matter how obviously guilty they are to all of us. It matters that about half of Congress will support them and that the people fighting them are doing so without any backbone.