The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

Fun fact, I started to DVR Shepard Smithā€™s Fox show two days ago to see how they were handling the impeachment stuff. Watched it yesterday and was impressed, though noticed that most of the other news programs on Fox are still shit, like 5 minutes of asking a guest how impeachment will backfire. Guess my approval is enough to get any Fox anchor canned.

4 Likes

When will guys like Geraldo start talking truth about trump? He knows why, it is the same reason we are letting Turkey slaughter the Kurds. Trump Family financial interests.

#RIPSHEPARDSMITH

1 Like

Shepherd Smithā€™s days were always numbered. Iā€™m honestly surprised he lasted as long as he did.

3 Likes

Stepping down effective today too. Something happened. Wonder if that meeting with Rupert Murdoch was pressure from the whitehouse to get Fox to straighten out their coverage.

When the pressure was applied on anchors, Shepard said screw this. Who knows. Feel like someone else will pick him up soon.

Anyone want to bet the intellectual property part of this is awful. Well the whole thing is awful for US, great for China.

I am convinced Trump made a horrible deal because he wants some positive press. This will end up being disastrous. Good news is when backlash comes Trump will have no problem reneging on a deal.

I have liked shepherd smith for a long time. His show was not a bad place to go over the years for the news. Just the rest of the station is an abortion. Glad he left.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/benyc/status/1182738134792097792?s=19

1 Like

Iā€™m exactly the opposite of glad. On Fox News there was a chance (albeit a vanishingly small one) that he might actually cause a few Trumpkins to question all the other shit they get from Fox Mews.

Now, itā€™s almost certain wherever he goes, he will more or less be preaching to the choir.

5 Likes

If I was Chris Wallace Iā€™d start polishing my resume. It seems like Bill Barr made sure Murdoch and his underlings are all on the same page. Bend down and kiss the ring or be given the kiss of death.

3 Likes

They will get stiffed. If they didnā€™t require a massive retainer up front they are idiots. When Trump bought Mar a Lago he tried to build a dock/marina on the intracoastal side. I know some of the attorneys who worked on trying to get it approved, they told him up front it was unlikely to happen because of Seagrass or some other issue, he told them to try anyway and when they failed he only paid them a fraction of the bill.

I donā€™t disagree, but my thoughts are that maybe some people who enjoyed Shepard Smith might migrate with him to where ever he ends up, which inevitably impacts the brain washing.

1 Like

Seems like having the AG go talk to the head of a media company to talk nice about the president might end up being another thing down the road. It is like these guys can not stop shooting themselves.

Remember when Fox News had the rubes frothing for a month because Bill Clinton talked to Loretta Lynch?

6 Likes

Heā€™s also tanked deals on multiple Fridays and sent the market tumbling heading into the weekendā€¦ Beneficial to people who know itā€™s coming and who have trading privileges after hours, which is mostly wealthy people.

Too late to open up Twitter and scroll back in time, but I think it was Soledad who said sheā€™d buy his book. I agree (like I agree with basically everything else she says.)

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1182754304236670979

Iā€™d like to know what kind of leverage Bill Barr would have over Fox News. Whatā€™s he gonna do? Have Trump ramp up his public complaints? Any other media outlet would tell him to eat shit if he tried to influence their personnel decisions.

https://twitter.com/gregolear/status/1182761464681189377

2 Likes

Was just about to post this in the Syria thread. Bizarre stuff. Loads of rumours on twitter, including some from reliable people saying theyā€™re hearing that some French troops were wounded. Not sure if Iā€™d expect that to ever be confirmed, the French only admitted they had some special forces there recently.