The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

Never forget

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/mitch-mcconnell-undid-213-years-of-senate-history-in-33-minutes/2019/04/03/58b3eaca-565c-11e9-9136-f8e636f1f6df_story.html

1 Like

ā€œIf Mitt worked this hard on Obama, he could have wonā€

ā€¦

He is just straight up stating that what heā€™s doing with Ukraine is him ā€œworking hardā€ on Biden. In the same tweet that he says the phone call was not political. Umm

1 Like

We have women. Plural! There are at least two! Maybe three!

Also I count as a minority.

2 Likes

At least 3 females reside hereā€¦ :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m also a minority :relaxed:

2 Likes

The level of voter suppression directed at us is outrageous. I have never yet successfully voted in a US election.

6 Likes

Dems suck mostly in policy as well as tactics. They donā€™t fight because about 75% of them are complicit and want to lose everything except their office. And Republicans are no different and thatā€™s why theyā€™re a bunch of Lindsey Grahams. A giant peaceful movement to not vote for anyone who has ever been a Democrat or a Republican would be such a beautiful thing. The alternative is going to be something like burning down 100000 buildings. I guess that or quiet resignation to a permanent tragic comedy.

1 Like

hey! I even have a picture of myself.

Seriously though, even though deep down I think a lot of people here are slightly delusional and have no idea what goes on out in the real world, itā€™s still one of the few places on the internet that I havenā€™t been propositioned, called a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  sent dick pics, or threatened with rape or other bodily harm in DMs because of my opinions. Itā€™s a winner in my book!

8 Likes

How does one DM? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

yet

3 Likes

Strongly disagree. This would result in getting a bunch of Republicans elected.

The only way progress is going to happen is to ally with the Democrats and get rid of all the shitty members AOC-style.

4 Likes

22 politics has an active thread on why there are no women there. Chez says itā€™s because fly and I are meanies, the rest seem to think itā€™s hormones.

1 Like

Maybe, and an AOC-Bernie style takeover of the party would be good, but Iā€™m a little tired of just going along with the Dem-liberal bubble. Just as many Republican voters hate the Republican party as Democratic voters hate the Democratic party.

Sixty-one per cent of survey respondents say neither political party reflects their opinions today, while 38% disagree. Nearly eight in 10 (77%) independents and a majority (54%) of Republicans took this position, while less than half (46%) of Democrats agree. There was virtually no variation across class or race.

I think Tent Cities in the desert is good. After all, Trump pardoned Arpaio, so the conditions must be good enough.

2 Likes

I would like to see:

A) If that still holds in 2019. A lot has changed since mid-2016.

B) If it is true, what is the reasoning? If Republican voters hate the Republican Party because they donā€™t feel like they are being racist enough, that doesnā€™t help things.

And if Republicans dislike their party for being so racist but they begrudgingly pull the R levers anyway, thatā€™s another problem.

They already subpoenaed everything under the sun last go round. They issued over 100 subpoenas related to Benghazi, iirc. After everything that has happened in the past 8 ish years, I donā€™t understand why you are worried about what the Republicans may do.

HAHAHAHAHA

wow, now Iā€™m tempted to go backā€¦but nah

2 Likes

By far the 3rd party efforts that drew from mostly Replublican/Conservative voters have been the most successful. Perot and Roosevelt were the only ones in forever who had a remote shot and like in 2016 Johnson got 3 times as many votes as Stein.

We should keep them in ICE/CPB custody, I hear they have cages.

1 Like

Since soliciting foreign interference is apparently ok now, I am announcing that Iā€™m willing to trade my vote for a Wallaby.

P.S. - if soliciting foreign interference is, in fact, still illegal, I am 100% joking, not making a real offer. #noquidproquo

PPS - I feel the need to tell you that I vote in Washington, DC, so I wonā€™t hold a grudge if you hold out for a better offer from someone who can actually vote for Senators.

3 Likes