The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180484483147059200
( twitter | raw text )

You hate to see it

Yikes, that sure is something. I can’t imagine dictating to a judge the speed of a ruling in a case I was involved in.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180487139546546182
( twitter | raw text )

2 Likes

Hahaha more

3 Likes

I couldn’t until I looked the guy up:

Not positive that’s him, but whatever.

This forum is not a microcosm of the Democratic Party. Example 1: how many black posters do we have? That’s just one example, there are lots of others.

Edit: Also no women.

3 Likes

L-O-fucking-L telling a federal judge that. That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works.

1 Like

Going to be hard to perfect an appeal when you don’t have an order to appeal from…

1 Like

Because they have absolutely no intention of playing hardball.

I love when Team Lawbro rushes in to laugh at Trump/Republicans, heartily chuckling at their alleged incompetence. Meanwhile, they just keep getting away with it. To the surprise of nobody not licensed to practice law, letters and shame don’t deter sociopaths.

1 Like

For everyone cheering on the “let’s jail them with summary contempt” angle have you thought about how the tables will inevitably be turned when the republicans inevitably recapture the house during the next dem president? Let’s not forget that Eric Holder would have been jailed if that’s what congress did. Republicans would just subpoena everything under the sun and make it impossible to comply with subpoenas and then start jailing dems. Summary contempt is a stupid power that congress shoudln’t have. At least not the power to jail them. Daily fines, sure.

Yeah, I’ve thought about that. You know what’s even worse? Republicans having zero check on their rampant criminal behavior and destruction of government while wiping their asses with the constitution.

Democrats with this mindset are wholly unprepared for this moment.

2 Likes

There are checks, they’re just not working. Adding this too easily abused check isn’t the answer.

Honestly it makes sense to me that if the effect of a judge’s failure to quickly rule on an issue is the same as a denial that you should be able to appeal as if it was a denial. FWIW

If they aren’t working, then how are they checks?

6 Likes

Of all the weird punctuation used in his tweets putting ass in quotes has to be up there. I love watching him dunk on Romney though.

1 Like

LMFAO, do you think they’ll be nice and play be the rules if we treat them nicely?

3 Likes

The reason they won’t do it is because they know that it’ll happen to them if they lose power.

Also, this isn’t an abuse! If you go into any courtroom and lie to the judge and tweet while you’re on the witness stand you’ll get slapped with real consequences. This is exactly why the House has this power!

If they can’t compel truthful testimony from witnesses, what is the point of subpoenaing Guliani and Barr? The Dems are going to give these guys a platform to lie and spew Breitbart conspiracy garbage about Hunter Biden on national TV and there will be no consequence for any of these clowns.

1 Like