The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1177393331736850433?s=19

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1177381233338310657?s=19

2 Likes

alternate endings in Trump world

2 Likes

Looking good for the kinda risky bet i made on trumps approval not moving at all

Narrator: it hasnā€™t

1 Like

Not 2nd hand info any more but 3rd and 4th.

(this post is sponsored by Matt Gaetzs dentist)

The presidents personal attorney everyone. He does not work for us or the government.

I was referring to the possibility that thereā€™s no vote at all because Mitch refuses to have a trial.

In a post-Trump world, Fox News needs a President Warren or a President Bernie to be an eight-year target to throw verbal bombs at.

Yeah, but this is the MO no matter who is Pres. Trump could win in 2020 as a Dem, on all the same issues, and FOX will attack him for any and everything. Itā€™s their business model.

Iā€™m picturing this with the opening titles of Soap ā€¦ confused? you wonā€™t be ā€¦

I donā€™t think itā€™s optional, and if he tries, I think Chief Justice Roberts may have something to say about it.

I hope youā€™re correct!

Itā€™s optional in the same way ā€œadvise and consentā€ is optional on Supreme Court nominees. McConnell could just not hold a trial probably and stall in perpetuity. Very little precedent.

Iā€™ve gotta imagine the Dems would take it to the Supreme Court though. I mean, then again, Pelosi is a mess with this stuff, but itā€™d be the most obvious thing in the world to respond to.

Yeah, I know nothing about any of this stuff, but this seems seems right. How many years and sternly-worded letters before an impeachment stall ever reaches the SC for Roberts to say anything?

Rudy is on Fox now trying to cover his ass. Man if I still drank Iā€™d be having celebratory beers over this meltdown.

EDIT: ā€œThe FBI wouldnā€™t take it.ā€ This fucking clown, heā€™s a mess.

If Roberts allows McConnell to block a Senate trial, that ought to give Dems the backbone to pack the court or do some other reform to fix things. Does Roberts want to be remembered as the guy who broke the Supreme Court?

I donā€™t care if he does the right thing for selfish reasons or does the wrong thing, allowing Democrats to rain hellfire down on SCOTUS. Feels like a win-win unless Democrats disappoint me, like they have proven to be capable of doing.

Itā€™s almost certainly a political question. Supreme Court wonā€™t intervene. I get that the Chief Justice presides over the trial, but it is otherwise a process of the senate controlled by the senate.

Rudyā€™s had a few glasses of Cabernet with dinner. Iā€™ve seen some arthritic old man gesticulating that would make a couple of choice gifs so far. Ingraham pushed to a break, probably to get him a cup of coffee. YOUR FLAIL IS MY FUN. YOU ARE DETESTABLE.

1 Like

Why isnā€™t it a constitutional question?