The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

Hearing is a shit show

This is important. It was his last gasp effort to art of the deal before the jig was up. They knew the information would get out so he had no choice but to finally share it.

Ukrainian prez’s English better than Trumps

4 Likes

So your totally not being a dick-troll take is that the “the official word-for-word transcript of the call that was produced – as is customary – by the White House Situation Room.” wasn’t in fact a word-for-word transcript but a summary condensing and shortening of multiple peoples notes on the call and that is what was moved to other server?

Idiot.

2 Likes

the biden stuff is a conspiracy theory. so change your post to trump is asking a Kenyan government to get to the bottom of that obama birth certificate scandal… and see if you feel the same.

1 Like

What if Obama’s personal attorney was the point man and it was 2010 mitt Romney.

There is no circumstance where Trump’s ask of Ukraine is appropriate or okay. If it would have been handled through normal channels it would be different. Black mail from the president of the United States and his personal attorney is not normal.

1 Like

I’m saying that every story I’ve read about the matter suggests that the document that was released is the only official record of the conversation and is the document that the whistleblower was referring to when he called it a word-for-word transcript.

I would say that it is the “everybody does it” sort of corruption that it is easy for people on the other side to hand-wave away under the assumption that Clinton and/or Obama must have done the same, if not worse. They will think it is unfair for Trump to be singled out for behavior that they assume is commonplace. Since they think it is unfair, they see no problem with contorting facts in defense of Trump. Personally, I don’t see a big deal with contorting facts to take Trump down.

Watching Trump speak off the cuff reminds me a lot of the Big Lebowski dream sequences. Those dream sequences are just a mishmash of things that happened to Lebowski over the previous few days and don’t really make sense. Trump just spouts words and ideas he’s heard other people say around him the few days before he speaks without knowing what any of the words actually mean. You can tell when he’s between words he’s trying to think of some multisyllabic word he overheard somebody say the day before.

1 Like

Hurd (R ) Texas

“When does OLC opinion override laws passed by Congress?”

We know what you are doing

It’s what you always do.

7 Likes

russain american hockey person who follows politics closely says russian is his 1st language, he had to learn Ukrainian, and barely speaks any english

Not to mention that most (all) of Trump’s base already believe that Obama used his power to interfere in the election against Trump, including help from foreign countries.

This is absolutely not true. It would be an insanely huge scandal for Obama to ask Merkel to investigate a political opponent. Obama doesn’t run criminal investigations. If the FBI asked the German police for records about an ongoing FBI criminal investigation, that’s normal, although it would rightly be perceived as very sensitive and handled carefully to avoid any suggestion that political appointees had any influence.

Honestly, I worry more that Democrats are kind of worn out and too lolnothingmatters cynical to handle this right. What has been made public so far is already a bigger scandal than Watergate, and we know almost nothing. Republicans are the only ones who can decide whether Trump gets removed or whether they use their power to shield him, but I don’t see how this doesn’t lead to a crushing 2020 victory either way. The Trumpiest 35% of the 2016 electorate may stay loyal and even continue to turn out, but 35% of the vote isn’t enough to win many elections.

4 Likes

To be fair I’ve mostly had to wing it, haven’t gotten any marching orders from Glenn on twitter yet.

lol no
remember the hullabaloo when bill clinton got on the plane with a justice dept person? yeah, white house is supposed to let Justice run independently. this white house is running Justice through Barr.

1 Like

Trump’s support isn’t going to care.

Maguire is a Trumpkin. This is going nowhere. glgl

https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/1176895596923371520

according to thread, zelensky is new to both ukranian and english

I always thought that Clinton should have caught more hell for that.

1 Like