The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176701564624543744
( twitter | raw text )

Itā€™s great seeing in real time Rudy realize heā€™s being set up as the lone fall guy. Fuck you Rudy, you get what you deserve.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176702213613334535
( twitter | raw text )

Everyone could see this coming. Trump loves to try to negotiate from a place of complete weakness and pretend that heā€™s offering a great deal. They arenā€™t trying to release a redacted version of the whistle-blower report to the Intel committee are they? There should be zero negotiation here. And LOL at the transcript offer, everyone saw right through that immediately.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176703309488562178
( twitter | raw text )

Do we really think Trump is smart enough set up Rudy as the fall guy? I think Trump is just sending Rudy off to do damage control and Rudy is being Rudy.

1 Like

no villainā€™s tragic downfall is complete without a bird poo pooing on his head

3 Likes

I donā€™t know how Rudy doesnā€™t die in prison.

About a week ago, maybe a little more, the Post broke the story of the whistleblower report. An intelligence community whistleblower filed a report with the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, who rules that itā€™s credible and urgent and refers it to the DNI to send to the Intel Committees. The DNI doesnā€™t send it, even though heā€™s required to do so by law. Initial reporting is that the person who was the subject of the report is in the West Wing, or high ranking, or something like thatā€¦ And possibly even Trump.

This as Corey Lewandowski is set to testify to House Judiciary under subpoena regarding other stuff, and makes a mockery of it - refusing to answer questions and exercising executive privilege even though he never worked in the administration in any capacity at any time. Democrats roll over on this, and let it all go, and the base goes absolutely nuts and is seething with anger toward the establishment.

It then comes out that the subject IS Trump and that the complaint is over Trump making promises to a foreign leader (honestly canā€™t recall if this revelation was before or after Lewandowski, itā€™s been a hell of a week or two). Reporting then begins to center on the Ukraine scandal (Trump withholds military aid to Ukraine and asks them to investigate Biden to get it back), and around this time Rudy Giuliani gives an absurd interview to Cuomo where he basically confesses then denies his confession within the same interview. Trump does similar stuff by admitting key points of the stories, but then spinning it back on Biden and saying what he himself did was totally fine.

Meanwhile, Pelosi is basically silentā€¦ then seven freshman Dems with natsec backgrounds write an editorial together coming out for impeachment in the Washington Post (yesterday). Theyā€™re mostly, if not all, in swing districts. The exact types of freshman Representatives that Pelosi is supposedly protecting. One of them is Abigail Spanberger (of ā€œIS MY NAME!ā€ fame), and she has been giving a ton of interviews today.

This begins to break the dam. More Dems start to go on the record for impeachment, and as of last night there is reporting that Pelosi is calling around to take the pulse of her leadership on impeachmentā€¦ and some of her allies in leadership roles come out for impeachment. She has a series of three major meetings schedule for today - two with leadership and one with the full caucus.

Ahead of those meetings, news breaks that Pelosi will announce the opening of an impeachment inquiry and her support of the process. Schiff tweets that the whistleblowerā€™s lawyer has reached out to House Intel and wants to come in and testify to them.

The number of Dems on the record for impeachment surges from around 140-150 48 hours ago to around 180 earlier tonight, and I donā€™t even know nowā€¦ Her actual announcement was that the six ongoing investigations will continue, but basically the message is that the administration better turn over the whistleblower report or else, and she finally used the word impeachment.

Around that time, the Senate passes, with unanimous consent, a resolution calling for the DNI to turn over the whistleblower report to both Congressional Intel Commitees.

Trump tweets a bunch of angry stuff, and he also says heā€™ll release the transcript of one call with the Ukranian President (there were at least two calls, if not more), and theyā€™re going to redact the whistleblower report (which I donā€™t think theyā€™re supposed to be allowed to do) before releasing it.

Thereā€™s been wall-to-wall coverage of this the past 24-48 hours, and the media buzz is reaching a fevered pitchā€¦

8 Likes

Hard to say what theyā€™re trying, but I agree that if they try to give a redacted version to Intel, the only response is, ā€œLOL no, weā€™re impeaching in 24 hours if you donā€™t turn over the full report.ā€

I donā€™t think itā€™s something Trump planned well in advance, but I think thatā€™s what theyā€™re doing now. I just saw a clip of Rudy on Fox claiming that he didnā€™t talk to anyone in the Ukraine until the State Dept called him, then he was holding up his phone claiming ā€œitā€™s all on hereā€ or something like that. Thatā€™s desperation. Heā€™s implying heā€™s got evidence on State. Trump and Pompeo are probably huddled up frantically trying to pile everything on Rudy right now.

What was it, two years ago Trump wiped his ass with Cohen and pretended he hardly knew him? Rudyā€™s sauce brain couldnā€™t see that fate obviously waiting for him, now heā€™s going to explode IMO.

I donā€™t think Rudy is a complete idiot. Iā€™d be shocked if he doesnā€™t have his pardon signed and sealed in a safe.

I was like thatā€™s cool and all John Yoo but letā€™s see what John Woo has to say about it.

1 Like

He wasnā€™t a complete idiot 10 years agoā€¦ Have you seen his recent work?

3 Likes

Haha this so great. Heā€™s retreating to his safe space. ā€œSean Hannity, Lou, Jeanine, say nice words about me. The d-d-democrats are being so - sniff - so mean - sniff sniff.ā€

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1176698309383217153

1 Like

The hilarious part about Trump/Rudy/Mitch etc. is that they are all over the retirement age. These dopes could have chosen to fuck off with their millions years ago. But noā€¦

Now history will remember these guys at best being morons, at worst being traitors. GJGE.

3 Likes

We still have to win to make sure history remembers them properly.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcDykton/status/1176699093713870848

3 Likes

From one law prof to another (Yoo).

https://twitter.com/joshchafetz/status/1176683431117369344?s=19