The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

As someone who speaks a little Spanish I’m fascinated by the different accents and dialects and perhaps even more so by the attitudes of various Spanish speakers towards other nations’ Spanish speakers.

This ad it kind of catches you because it’s a good accent and pronunciation, it’s not like a typical gringo trying to pronounce it the Spanish way.

1 Like

Agreed, see what I said I’d do in that spot upthread.

Want another example of asymmetrical warfare? If that was Hunter Biden that photo with that blur would be running in attack ads within 48 hours.

bandage

6 Likes

Has nobody speculated about COVID yet? It can cause something that looks kind of like that, iirc.

1 Like

Nah, Mitch’s soul is in a briefcase in the trunk of Trump’s limo.

1 Like

You live and you learn. Happens to the best of us

1 Like

I’ve yet to see the picture they’re referencing but these posts don’t really make sense. It’s a weird combo of “multiple things” and things that don’t really happen (bruising on the mouth from a tube just doesn’t fit)

Ok it’s just the hand pic then? Meh I don’t really know what you can use from that. Would guess it’s weird lighting than anything. Deaths hands usually get treatment

Ok so this is the photo right?

https://twitter.com/patrick_fenelon/status/1318954819806179328?s=21

Anyways, bruises makes the most sense to me. Old people, especially those taking anticoagulation or anti platelets, bruise easily.

The stuff about intubation, resuscitation attempt and whatnot is just dumb.

1 Like

it’s only the second or third page, so it could be like a dedication page. probably says like, “dedicated to my mother, mrs fred trump sr. without you, i never would have had the confidence to do all the things in this book that i actually did”

2 Likes

I agree that a lot of the speculation seems like BS, but hands look like a lot worse than just bruises. He had a triple bypass in 2003 and certainly is on a blood thinner. He’s getting treatment for something.

This seems at least semi-credible.
https://twitter.com/sgcarr/status/1319067279854764033?s=19

Nah fluid doesn’t collect in the hands in people who move around. Clots are rare in the arms too.

I’d guess it’s some minor bruising with some weird lighting or whatever. It could be something weird or rare, don’t want to say anything with certainty here it’s one photo. Just doesn’t stand out or fit any clinical picture like in the tweets you’ve linked suggest

2 Likes

C’mon, folks. Use Occam’s Razor:

5 Likes

@caffeineneeded just a thought but maybe lie to us until after the election and he hopefully loses the majority. Tell us his death is imminent, its going to be horribly painful, and its super contagious. I promise you we won’t hold it against your credibility in the future.

I mean you already mucked this one up, but if the opportunity presents itself again the future, definitely lie to us.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1319232315265077251
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1319232660565274624
( twitter | raw text )

Amazing that even still after getting crushed in the polls, he’s literally incapable of doing anything but pandering to his base. Like nobody besides the people already locked in to vote for him buy any of this Joe Biden is going to turn America into a literal hellscape shit.

I mean he has won over a bunch of never Trumpers apparently, but I think that has more to do with the stakes of the election and conservatism in America is likely on the line if Biden sweeps all three branches big.

2 Likes

I mentioned this in another post, but I do think it’s one of the central features of Trump. He always wants to have a strong, dominant reaction, but he seldom has a plan. He lives in the permanent NOW. (This is basically the worst way to run a business or government.) Plans require understanding reality and working within its confines (actual and legislative/legal/diplomatic), and they are in the service of goals. Trump’s goal is glory and ego protection above any substance, and he hates reality. He’s literally believes in manifesting reality through desire and will, like The Secret. As a result, he’s basically a whirlwind of strong reactions with no direction. Of course it’s impossible to work for someone like that unless you allow his whim to override your knowledge and ethics, in essence submission.

It’s basically the opposite of Obama and most other smart people (though Obama is extreme). Don’t hear much about Bin Laden untill poof he’s dead. Trump would just insult his mother for months and not do anything. Similar with healthcare. It’s complex and Obama had a process and ultimately a plan (that would have been much better without liberman). Trump makes tons of promises and delivers a book of blank pages and, almost, a one-time $200 drug benefit.

Basically, Trump is the patient HM, except on uppers and with a lot of power.

5 Likes

Would pay to watch the fight club battle of Kentucky

4 Likes