The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

I don’t even understand the first question. “Draw a line around the number or letter of this sentence.” I’m guessing they mean the letter A?

This fucking country man.

2 Likes

“You can’t go all the way from not-voting to voting. You have to make incremental progress. At least now they can vote if they pass this test–that’s better than it was before! How dare you criticize something that maybe kinda could possibly give people an opportunity to vote!”

5 Likes

Voting should only be for those who really want it

1 Like

I think it means draw a circle around the 1. numbered bullet.

It’s deliberately vague and completely impossible.

1 Like

Update from civilization.

Got my local council vote in the mail today. Compulsory voting. The instructions were included in 20 languages.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/chuckgrassley/status/1316086760821207041?s=21

5 Likes

I’d love a Chuck Grassley bot. I learn so much about what to look forward too as a decaying fossil with mental illness. PIGEON NO LLONGER HAAS HEAD. DEAD WE THINK. WILL CHEXK 2MORROW.

10 Likes

The tweeter has an unintentionally good point here. Rudy could have taken the time to let Chris out of the box here. Instead, he chose to take a picture and post it on Twitter. Christopher Columbus is dead because of Rudy.

https://twitter.com/phonejones1/status/1315786633153843200?s=21

3 Likes

This is actually a deeply held belief of a large portion of the country. While I try not to engage with my in-laws on politics to any significant degree, I definitely heard about how mailing people ballots was bad because if you want to vote, you should have to work for it a little bit out of a sense of civic duty.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/WardQNormal/status/1316096928891850752

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too but it says “This sentence.” So basically if you circle the one, you get it wrong because it’s not in the sentence and if you circle the A, you get it wrong because it’s not a number.

And it’s the first question LOL.

4 Likes

Grassley’s twitter acount is a national treasure

6 Likes

They must have wanted the convenience of being able to grade every test as a failure at the first question.

edit: a couple of more possible motivations:

• intimidate the test taker by asking an impossible first question, knowing they will fail if they don’t understand it
  • humiliate the test taker by being able to strike the very first question
4 Likes

eh agreed, only because none of them have ever had to work much to do it. If you told every trump voter they were going to have to wait 8 hours to vote for him, participation would decline markedly but before that, those same people would have no issues with other people having to wait that long.

3 Likes

Seems like fancy-play syndrome. Give a short, simple test. Say they got it wrong, and tell them if they can’t see why it’s wrong, that proves they’re too illiterate to vote.

That would be like saying the quiet part out loud.

What kind of pidgen shit advice is that?

2 Likes

I’m assuming David Copperfield stands on the box and opens it to reveal nothing’s been in it the whole time

2 Likes

2 Likes

Kind of like Rudy’s head.

Autocorrect REALLY wanted to make that heart.

1 Like