The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

Give non Americans the choice, make Americans read it?

Wasn’t the entire purpose of creating Trump bot so we could laugh and ridicule him when he loses the election?

2 Likes

In case you haven’t had lunch yet, a tasty new item on the menu

At their first debate, the best attack Collins managed to make on her opponent came when she asked Gideon if she’d have voted to confirm John Roberts as a Supreme Court justice in 2005. It certainly caught Gideon off guard, but perhaps for good reason—it’s not clear that any voters would have expected Gideon to remember, on the spot, Roberts’ pre-SCOTUS judicial record from 15 years ago, before Gideon entered politics. Collins has since made a whole ad about the exchange.

Another ad criticized Gideon for having too many “top priorities”—“building an economy that works for everyone,” “protecting the health and safety of our families and communities”—and just ended up repeating a lot of nice-sounding things Gideon wants to do.

The insinuation that Gideon is too rich to be a good senator is a little funny: According to financial disclosures, Gideon and her husband have a net worth of between $1 million and $3.1 million, while Collins and her husband’s net worth is between $2.3 and $6.9 million. The idea that being too popular is a ding against a politician’s character is even more absurd.

Then again, spinning unpopularity as a virtue may just be something Collins is trying to do for her own sake. In May 2019—a month before Gideon launched her campaign and well before she and her allies flooded Maine’s airwaves with anti-Collins ads—Collins marked a 17-point drop in her approval rating from the previous spring, a freefall that would make her the country’s least popular senator at the dawn of 2020. The major polling turning point for Collins, who used to be quite popular, was her vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. It wasn’t money from out of state or any of Gideon’s attack ads that did it. It was Collins herself.

Lol this must have been fun to write.

6 Likes

Where the news is moderated the old-fashioned way: through peer pressure, shame, and humiliation

Eta: jokes are shaped, not born

No, it’s so we can all treat opening UP like this:

2 Likes

Trumpbot is like methadone for people struggling to quit 22

7 Likes

Not sure where to post this.

14 Likes

Reading every damn tweet is part of my penance for being part of the electorate that unleashed Drumpf on the world. (No! I didn’t vote him.)

7 Likes

Trump’s America

1 Like

Goddamnit - these slow news days are going to force me to do work.

Really need Trump to catch Covid again or something.

2 Likes

she didn’t kick the sign walking away. her heart was not in it.

3 Likes

@BestOf

I used to wonder what % of good forum posted was motivated by dunking on morons…

I think my favorite thing about UP is how it’s demonstrated that we don’t need donks to have fun.

EDIT: Man I bet the process of watching me edit my posts in real time must be confusing.

4 Likes

Excellent thread. Scary as shit though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1316075492404060163

11 Likes

Rudy: *phone rings* Hello?
Devil: Rudy?
Rudy: Yeah, can I help you?
Devil: Um, yeah. Do you have Columbus in a box? *stifled laugh*
Rudy: Who is this?
Devil: Lol *click*

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1315785172990799873

8 Likes

Can’t believe it took this long.

2 Likes

NOBODY PUTS COLUMBUS IN A BOX!

25 Likes

She’s always showing some cleavage. She seems to want to remind everyone that her skin is still supple and alluring - unlike the previous few spokesladies.

Deep cut

I think about this all the time. This is just page one of 3, the rest get harder. 10 minutes to answer 30 questions - one wrong answer fails. Where were the squeamish “I’m not racist” moderates when all this was going on? How hard did they have to try to look the other way?

7 Likes

my con law professor gave us an alabama voting literacy test the first day of class my 1L year… we all failed. we failed, as in most of us got 1/3 or more of the questions wrong…

and like suzzer was saying, there was no definitive “passing” level. it could be 1 question wrong if they wanted it to be.

unlike the suzzer one, the one we got was filled with, “the deputy state treasurer serves a term of __ years.” type questions

2 Likes