The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

Trump has announced that he doesn’t think he’s contagious at all.

Oh, well, alrighty then.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1314236926770241537
( twitter | raw text )

I want to say wow, but I’m not really surprised? Guys like this are a dime a dozen.

In June, Croft, Fox and 13 others from multiple states held a meeting in Dublin, Ohio, near Columbus, according to the government.

Those present included an FBI confidential source who recorded the meetings. The source has been paid $8,600.

“The group talked about creating a society that followed the U.S. Bill of Rights and where they could be self-sufficient,” the FBI agent wrote. “They discussed different ways of achieving this goal from peaceful endeavors to violent actions. At one point, several members talked about state governments they believed were violating the U.S. Constitution, including the government of Michigan and Governor Gretchen Whitmer."

“At the time, the FBI interviewed a member of the militia group who was concerned about the group’s plans to target and kill police officers, and that person agreed to become a (confidential source),” the agent wrote.

“The lockdown has been a lightning rod for anti-government extremists in this country, and Gov. Whitmer has been on the forefront of their targeting,” said Seamus Hughes, deputy director of George Washington University’s Program on Extremism.

3 Likes

There must be a ton of related jobs in a swing state or swing states. Its hard to see them making this a big deal unless the Republicans think they can get a bunch of blue collar fracking union members in Pennsylvania or something.

20-50K in Pennsylvania.

Also autocorrect on my phone prefers Pennsyltucky to Pennsylvania.

4 Likes

Just so people know context there is a viral TikTok trend where a guy skateboarding was drinking a bottle of ocean spray cranberry juice. There are thousands of copies and parodies. Even the CEO of ocean spray did a video yesterday. Plus ocean spray bought the guy who started it a car. Also Mick Fleetwood did a video skate boarding with ocean spray.

#goodvibes

Also is one w a guy in a Trump mask drinking bleach.

(I have become a big TikTok nerd in last month)

4 Likes

“Some group” was going to kidnap Whitmer. Gee, I wonder if it will be a right wing group?

2 Likes

The most amazing part about this plot was that the objective was to overthrow the “state” government. LIke, what’s the endgame with that one? The federal government is just like, oh cool, ok we recognize your militia as the correct governing body of Michigan now. I mean, I guess it’s 2020 so anything is possible.

4 Likes

This reminds me chauvin got out out on 1 million dollar bail wtf!

they already said it was, a “militia”

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1314241992394637312

12 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/michigan-governor-kidnap-plot/2020/10/08/0032e206-0980-11eb-9be6-cf25fb429f1a_story.html

Maybe it’s a left wing militia! :wink:

I agree, unfortunately. And I think the same was true - to a lesser extent - after Bush as well. We spend 4-8 years so progressively traumatized by GOP malignancy and Overton-shifting that we’re just grateful to relax into whatever scraps are left. But we easily forget about the people who still don’t have any scraps at all - or even fair access to the mechanisms (e.g., voting) necessary to fight for them.

5 Likes

@BestOf

2 Likes

Also @BestOf

Lol “body is too similar to what you recently posted” STOP TRYING TO CONTROL ME DISCOURSE

5 Likes

for people wondering why the candidates keep talking about fracking

here is a map of fracking

here is an election map

2 Likes

#cocksfortrump

5 Likes

4 Likes

I have little faith in the Dems. That being said they have held both parts of congress and the WH for only 2 total years since 1994. If we see a landslide I think we may see some real changes made that can address some of this.

4 Likes