The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

Not watching, but man this doctor is dumb. Playing coy makes him look sneaky while not actually successfully hiding any information.

3 Likes

Yeah he’s not good at this.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s very anti-Trump to hide the truth with other little deflective truths. You have to go for brazen lies that everyone knows are lies, but then they at least don’t know the truth.

4 Likes

Trump is on steroids, Gupta calls it “a potent anti-inflammatory.”

1 Like

That’s good news.

Depending on the steroid, some of them have profound psychological effects. Might want to think about taking the football from him.

I always assumed steroids made you better at football

29 Likes

it’s just dexamethasone.

I’m sure it’s dexamethasone, proven mortality benefit in a RCT in people who needed O2.

3 Likes

that presser was a gigantic disaster, they basically just said “yeah the president is a patient in this building here behind us, he definitely was not dead as of yesterday morning”

2 Likes

So the story is Trump got infected, had a rapid decline in conditions, had to be hospitalized, and two days later he’s fine? Does that reflect the known progression this thing takes under any circumstances? Doesn’t really map with anything ive heard, but obviously I don’t know anything besides what I glean from this thread

1 Like

That’s the one.

1 Like

Ugh. I was on dex as part of my cancer treatments. My decision making on it was… suboptimal.

1 Like

Smug is the word Is use for Dr Conley.

Of course the stupid press needs to coordinate and ask the question when was the presidents last negative test. Like they all ask the same question over and over until it is answered.

How will we know w Trump? Can his get any worse?

some people react poorly to steroids… especially higher doses. But it’s pretty down the list of drugs that affect your decision making.

did the doctor say he was not going to give specific answers to one of the questions because it might “change the course of treatment”? The only possible reading of that is “if I tell you how sick he is, Trump will lose his shit and I don’t want his blood pressure to go up” right?

5 Likes

Any chance Trump forces them to let him go prematurely?

I think he just said he won’t give specific answers as to the course of treatment. My guess is that they wanted him in one of those negative pressure rooms for the safety of others, but he’s a selfish asshole…

It certainly can do this.

2 Likes

Not in this case, but this would often be an honest answer from a doctor.

1 Like