The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode XIV: T-minus 97 Hours

he still can text everyone’s phones

but yes the goal is that the craziest don’t have a platform they can get big numbers coordination

1 Like

I think the dam may be breaking here. I think OANN and Newsmax may be in trouble. AWS dumping Parler was completely predictable yesterday. I think AT&T/Comcast/Disney/Spectrum dumping OANN and Newsmax is too if they don’t knock it off.

That’s going to be a lot taller order, imo.

I just read that Pence refused to leave the Capitol while it was besieged despite Secret Service telling him to.

Maybe this is some sort of misplaced courage, but the other possibility, that he thought it was safer to remain in the building in the company of others, is shocking.

3 Likes

Is it? Cable providers dump channels all the time.

Fox has hijacked cable providers for years because they are desperate for Fox customers. Liberals probably don’t subscribe to cable as much but would still be a block the companies could not afford to lose.

How does it work, why’d all those cable companies add OANN and Newsmax to begin with?

These people are not going away. Taking away S/M will only make them more stubborn and determined. Half the south thinks this is a chance to avenge the civil war and the other half has Jesus whispering in their ears to kill the libs. The chatter down here is straight lunacy but they believe in each other. The nation is fukkkkked.

2 Likes

Most of the bans (except one) are just against Trump accounts specifically.

The only entire platform that has been nuked is Parler and on there you have crazy randos posting all sorts of incendiary shit.

On OAN and NM, it’s at least fake journalists. It ought to be easier for them to stay on the correct side of the line.

14 Likes

A ton of people have been radicalized online. Anything that makes it more difficult for them to access “information” is a good thing. One lesson we should have learned by now is that repeating absolute bullshit over and over again is an effective way to convince a lot of people something is true.

But, I agree they’re not going away. Too many too far gone now.

1 Like

Also curating the bullshit so it leads the user by the hand to an ever-increasing stream of more and more compelling bullshit.

https://twitter.com/evren__7/status/1348096237224923138?s=21

23 Likes

I’d hit it.

5 Likes

Yep, the bits you hear about what is happening in the RNC make it clear this is the overwhelming sentiment in the rank and file and leadership is just trying to get them to keep it on the downlow until the backlash simmers down a bit… One quasi-legitimate scandal or controversial act by the Biden administration and they will be back out in full force.

1 Like

Jesus ain’t listening with a cross that small

3 Likes

Controversial like showing up for his own inauguration?

Some of these faces of meth are really jarring.

4 Likes

I’m assuming that’s a 'shop?

No way she goes up there like that.

Everyone should read this. It’s fucking stunning. I have no words.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-capitol-siege/2021/01/09/e3ad3274-5283-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

People in the power center of the richest and most powerful nation in the history of the world, texting out for fuckign help to anyone who would listen.

9 Likes