The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode XIV: T-minus 97 Hours

Noose continues to tighten on Trump/MAGA. I think it’s coordinated. Shut down social media and you can get Trump out of office without Trump/MAGA being able to organize in retaliation.

Damn they should’ve kept going with JR comments. One second wasn’t enough for that.

Ya hate to see it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/parlertakes/status/1348107249898508291

13 Likes

Hot (just in so far it may be wrong) take: all this banning is prettay prettay good for traditional conservative media, Fox News, AM radio, etc.

2 Likes

19 Likes

Yeah, AM Radio does far more damage than Twitter and there needs to be major pressure put on them.

1 Like

Can you guys please cut it out and behave civilly? I really don’t care who started it or who’s worse, please just eat it and end it now and stop dragging someone back by @ProxyOP them. Thanks.

17 Likes

Nah, this is correct. The business wing of the right is abandoning the nazi wing after last week.

Your main point that he has a large, passionate unique monetizable fan base obviously stands but the 75 million thing is just a talking point that his PR team came up with to build him up/make it more intimidating to cross him.

More people voted for Hillary and Biden, and no one talks that way about them.

1 Like

@bestof

6 Likes

The Parler thing is just such a massive self own. Services like Cloudflare have been deplatforming hate speech sites for forever, it is zero surprise that AWS could do something like this. And all they really had to do was just take Twitter’s TOS and cut it in half and they’d have been fine. But no, just had to host Lin Wood and his death threats (and all the other death threats). Welcome to Gab idiots, see what happens when you try to run a social network with no app on the apple/google stores, if you can even get it hosted on the web.

I guess we can quibble about the exact number, but it is a fuckton of people

That’s because they have not really expressed interest in large scale grifting off of their base.

Holy shit he’s legit mentally ill.

4 Likes

he still can text everyone’s phones

but yes the goal is that the craziest don’t have a platform they can get big numbers coordination

1 Like

I think the dam may be breaking here. I think OANN and Newsmax may be in trouble. AWS dumping Parler was completely predictable yesterday. I think AT&T/Comcast/Disney/Spectrum dumping OANN and Newsmax is too if they don’t knock it off.

That’s going to be a lot taller order, imo.

I just read that Pence refused to leave the Capitol while it was besieged despite Secret Service telling him to.

Maybe this is some sort of misplaced courage, but the other possibility, that he thought it was safer to remain in the building in the company of others, is shocking.

3 Likes

Is it? Cable providers dump channels all the time.

Fox has hijacked cable providers for years because they are desperate for Fox customers. Liberals probably don’t subscribe to cable as much but would still be a block the companies could not afford to lose.

How does it work, why’d all those cable companies add OANN and Newsmax to begin with?