The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VI: No Witnesses, One Defector, No Checks or Balances

Your post may have made sense if they hadnt just an hour before submitted articles of impeachment.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/1204455852347924481

Reminder that three Dems actually voted for this guy to be AG.

2 Likes

I think you’re downplaying the magnitude of the 2018 Blue Wave. R’s have focused completely on a small demographic that’s dying off, their policy positions on most issues are wildly unpopular. Even fucking Hillary got more votes than Trump. If they could just figure how to stand for something other than civility and norms, they’d be wafflecrushing.

Meh. Obama had once-in-a-generation charisma and Hillary is the most disliked politico in my lifetime.

1 Like

I predict at least two of these three vote to acquit Trump in his trial

2 Likes

She was systematically made into that monster by fox and the gop who are good at nothing but chitting on people and ideas for their own gain.

1 Like

This is a lock imo, but they’d vote to convict if their votes mattered

You’re not wrong. The Dems kind of castled into check by nominating her after the GOP had spent 30+ years foaming over her. They’re going to make the same mistake picking Biden after Hannity’s been full-bore screaming about Hunter for months.

2 Likes

12 Likes

He’s my representative. I’ve emailed him several times calling him a crook and that we will vote him out of office. Fuck that guy. I like to think other constituents in my district contacted him as well and he saw the writing on the wall.

3 Likes

Doesn’t FOX get like 5 million viewers a night? 60 million voted for Trump. A small minority of Republicans watch that sewer of a network. FOX caters to the crazies. And they are never turning on Trump.

To me, complaining about FOX is like complaining about Breitbart or Stormfront.

It’s not like she actually lost the election after all. Avoiding a nominee bc of fear of the other sides narrative doesn’t seem like sound strat. Your point is well taken tho.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/attorney-general-sharpens-attacks-on-fbis-russia-probe/2019/12/10/26170a16-1b6e-11ea-b4c1-fd0d91b60d9e_story.html

Barr said a prosecutor he had hand picked to conduct a review similar to that of Horowitz — U.S. Attorney John Durham — had a broader mandate, and his investigation would likely hit an “important watershed” in the late spring or early summer.

If it’s what you say, trump loves it

Without gerrymandering, 30+ deep red senate seats going to like 5% of the population and straight up cheating the GOP isnt even a viable national party. It’s fun to rip Democrats and god knows they deserve it but the core problems are structural and absolutely must be addressed when power is regained.

12 Likes

God I want so badly for attorney general Kamala Harris to hand pick a prosecutor with a broader mandate to investigate the same things mueller investigated.

9 Likes

Yeah, this is hilarious in light of all the people hand-wringing about Dems dragging impeachment proceedings out till elections. Barr is proudly broadcasting that he is going to be releasing a clearly partisan report right before the election, and that shit is definitely going to work.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/lindsaywise/status/1204481836283498501

This is another example of the Ds playing themselves. Voting against impeachment is one thing, whining to Politico about how you really wanted to come together with moderate Republicans to censure Trump but stubborn Nancy Pelosi was just too committed to impeachment is some next level ish.

2 Likes