The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VI: No Witnesses, One Defector, No Checks or Balances

https://mobile.twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1228118984656027648

Preet’ has rode of on your pony

I fucking hate literally everyone at this point. What are my options?

6 Likes

Square? He’ll present Rudy with a bill for millions

Chill, dude. Take a week off. You’ll need that energy in the coming months. Come play Walrus.

1 Like
3 Likes

I totally missed that on the first pass, too. Wow.

1 Like

I just don’t understand why Val Demings is tweeting about this. Or rather, why ONLY Val Demings is tweeting it. 47 Senators and 232 Congresspeople should have all tweeted this within five minutes of each other. This should be the answer to every question the press asks of Dems for the next.

Reporter: Senator, what do you think about the new spending bill?
Senator: I’m glad you asked me. Senate Republicans have blocked THREE election security bills that would require reporting of foreign election interference and would make voting machines harder to hack.

One thing to be thankful for at this point is that there are relatively few federal police. Most of the monopoly on violence inside the USA is under the command of states, counties, and cities.

Join us on the WAAF train. The WAAF wall just got one fuck taller!

1 Like

We already see massive tampon fraud as Oregon residents with no sales tax ship thousands per year to California. Lots of California women would be forced to use homemade napkins if not for this.

2 Likes

It is truly amazing, but as much as I’d like to agree with the prediction of disaray, I just don’t see it.

Nixon, Reagan, the Bushes… none of them left the party in shambles. The party supported their crimes on Monday and on Tuesday couldn’t remember they were ever President and had fallen in love with the next con man.

1 Like

I totally unironically thought that people like Vindman not getting fired during the impeachment fight was a good sign.

I’m not ready to join WAAF quite yet.

When I come to believe the chance for a D to be elected President in a particular election drops below 20%. Not including the period after the nominees are selected.

Sure but this might be different. For one Trump is in the news 24/7. 80% of Americans probably didn’t even know Iran Contra happened. Thats not the case with Trumps corruption, racism, and the GOP being spineless evil cowards. Sure a lot of them probably won’t bother to vote because they don’t want to take work off for 2 hours or because the dems haven’t done anything to better their lives, but they sure as shit aren’t ever voting for the GOP when they get older and voting starts to matter to them.

And more importantly people are growing up on the internet. When they do get older and become voters all the people who grew up on social media will remember what a shit show Republicans were. They will be better able to shift through the lies and BS. There is a reason millennials are the most progressive group maybe ever in the US and this is why. most of the online disinformation shit only works on olds on FB and shit and they’re dying. And most of the young people who do support Republicans are either incels, racists, or people who were brainwashed by their family. But they’re only like 30% of the generation, and I expect that number to continue to shrink if progressives can get in office and actually do something to help the struggles of their generation.

3 Likes

There are legitimate reasons for optimism for the future… even if they require you to zoom out to see them. Even looking five years out it’s pretty clear that we’re at the end of an era here. This remains true even if Trump gets reelected.

Yeah but not the optimistic kind of new era if Trump gets re-elected. Trump and the GOP can and will do things that will solidify their ability to be the ruling party regardless of how demographics change and the only way to stop it will be violent revolt.

If anyone had any doubts whether the Barr interview was pure theater…

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1228081772518412288?s=19

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1228055724380557313?s=19

1 Like

Anyone who is on the fence or not about whether we are fucked just needs to spend some time reading about the current state of the climate. It might already be too late. We are fucked.

1 Like