The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VI: No Witnesses, One Defector, No Checks or Balances

And we were told that Pompeo is the intelligent one?

PLAY THE TAPE

1 Like

Rachel Maddow is playing the ‘get rid of her’ tape on air after this commercial break…

1 Like

Trump never says “fire her”. Not sure why that’s the interpretation especially in light of the fact that Yovanovich was warned that her safety may be in danger. Not really the same as being warned her job status was in danger.

2 Likes

Everybody knows Trump never uses the word “fire” when talking about ending a person’s employment. Remember his famous catch phrase on the Apprentice “you’re taken out.”

23 Likes

Maybe the media is misreporting the tape on purpose to goad trump into confessing to conspiracy to commit murder on live tv

@BestOf

5 Likes

1 Like

Not that anything bad will ever happen to Mike Pompeo, but it brings me some microscopic degree of satisfaction that he’s clearly miserable and will be a complete laughingstock among the people he cares to impress until the day he dies.

Whenever I need to fire someone who I have the authority to fire, I always tell my shady friend outside who doesn’t officially work for me or with the person I want fired, and who I later deny knowing at all, that I want him to “get rid of her” and instruct him to “take her out” while avoiding ever using the words “fire” or “lay off” or “reassign” or “terminate employment”

But I’m not the one with decades of business experience, I’m sure he was just using normal businessman terms

10 Likes

1 Like

Is Ben Carson still Secretary of HUD or something? Rick Perry still around? I wouldn’t be shocked if half the buildings in DC are abandoned.

Just our Sec of State saying we need to put the hurt on our ally. No big deal.

1 Like

Breathe easier, it’s from Seinfeld, then again the administration is from The Apprentice so who the hell knows?

3 Likes

Lol

1 Like

So uh we are at the point our President is on tape conspiring to kill a US ambassador and this literally won’t move the needle. The supposed left wing fake news site that Trump has spent years railing against
is just reporting it as “Trump caught on tape talking about firing ambassador”. Completely completely insane.

7 Likes

Narrator: He wasn’t

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1221070105230094336
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1221070106043744256
( twitter | raw text )