The Pozzidency of Donald J. Trump: Typhoid Donnie's Slow Hypoxic Demise **Sweat Thread** (updated 100x/minute)

If Trump was going to get COVID and die, he would have done so already. Nothing to see here. Move on.

1 Like

Let’s hope the Melania tapes have some bigger bombs about Donny as the election nears.

It’s odd that he would announce that he’s been tested, but doesn’t know the result. Don’t they have super-fast test kits there?

Super sketchy speculation on twitter is that this suggests he has tested positive at least once and now they’re doing confirmation tests. (Similar to what happened with OH Gov. Dewine, who initially tested positive with a rapid test, but then tested negative on one of the more accurate ones.)

Is he suggesting the virus isn’t a hoax now?

1 Like

That seems plausible to me. Even with as poor of health as Donny is in some combination of catching it early and tons of access to top medical care makes it very unlikely he dies imo.

Yeah this is what I thought too. That he got a positive on the rapid and is now waiting for a slow test. STill though, there’s no way that test takes that long either. If they stat the test he should have it in hours at most.

How fast is the turnaround on the more accurate tests?

This is not an over reaction.

The GOP has openly embraced fascism and kleptocracy in order to save the financial interests of corporations and the executives that have hoarded the vast majority of this country’s wealth while children starve, veterans live on the streets like wild animals and vast swathes of black people are gunned down in cold blood or warehoused in the modern plantation - the penitentiary.

Pelosi and her eDem brethren are not much better, they are beholden to the same financial interests. Their inherent weakness is a feature not a bug. They are complicit in the trajectory of the country, they personify the problems and systemic issues that allowed someone like tRUmp to get any where near the white house to begin with.

Here they are on the precipice of perhaps regaining control of both chambers of Congress along with the presidency and she’s waxing poetic about her desire to see the obstructionists across the aisle becoming strong enough again to block any substantial progress that could possibly help all the people.

6 Likes

Counterpoint: He’s in really poor fuckign health. He’s obese. And Great Britain has phenomenal health care and Boris Johnson came really close to dying, and Johnson is a lot younger and healthier than Trump.

2 Likes

For plebes 7-infinity days. For Trump less than 24h. I’m still waiting on a test result from a test I took at CVS on July 2nd. Or i should say I gave up on waiting two months ago.

3 Likes

Way less than 24 hours. My daughter’s swab from a pediatrician came back in 8 hours. This is the president. The only limiting factor is how long the reagents take (I admit I don’t know the science behind the test), but it’s not like they can’t just fly the sample to the nearest lab immediately and test immediately.

You don’t have any idea how badly I wish it was riverman that made this post.

6 Likes

Shit, had not considered that maybe Biden could catch it in the hall. I mean, that’s the ultimate 2020 result here, right? Trump skates and Biden dies?

Anyone hoping he dies right now is wrong. That’s like the second worst possible outcome (the worst being he’s somehow re-elected).

1 Like

They were pretty far apart, trump tests a lot, and the virus needs to reproduce a lot in a person to get contagious. If we’re assuming Trump just got it from Hicks, then Trump probably wans’t contagious yet anyway.

Biden dying would be a bad and tragic outcome for Biden. I’m not so sure it would be a bad result electorally at all.

1 Like

I’ll snap take it right now.

20 Likes

Ya I don’t know if I agree with this. Why would it be so bad?