The Pozzidency of Donald J. Trump: Typhoid Donnie's Slow Hypoxic Demise **Sweat Thread** (updated 100x/minute)

shes the overwhelming fav on predictit right now (Amy Barrett) PredictIt

Before RBG died, I would’ve said not to expect a huge upgrade in political competence.

But yeah, it’s better here. So get to work.

Reported the killing babies tweets. Still seem to be visible. wAAF

Couldn’t this theoretically make Barrett a blessing in disguise? If she actually follows the lead of Pope Francis.

oh you sweet summer child.

Isn’t there considerable precedent for conservative justices veering left after putting on the robe?

https://twitter.com/EdMarkey/status/1307122232850870274?s=20

18 Likes

The optimism in spite of horrible news is trademark America.

3 Likes

lmao (and partially crying)

2 Likes

Have you been drinking since you heard?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

6 Likes

Im currently on the tail end of a weed detox.

1 Like

Yeah let’s pretend this is the reason I was drinking alone

21 Likes

Nah, that was back in the ancient 20th century when Supreme Court justices weren’t all fully vetted by the federalist society.

2 Likes

I don’t even care about Czech citizenship specifically, just to be able to get an EU passport. I saw something that said CR has 7th most powerful passport in the world.

https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1306997469495128064?s=20

1 Like

If another conservative is added to the Supreme Court, in addition to all the conservatives added to lower courts, then I think the question of “how many judges do you need to overturn Roe?” becomes pretty valid. Promising to ban abortion scores political points for them with their base. Actually banning it may open a can of worms they’re not ready for.

1 Like

Roe will never be overturned. It will just be dead letter law based on the Supreme Court letting red states continue chipping away at abortion with ridiculous and impossible restrictions. Abortions will still be legal in blue states.

3 Likes

Republicans now have a more thorough vetting process to sift out those would be libs. Today you must have raped at least one woman before being nominated to the supreme court.

4 Likes

Grassley would be shocking and I don’t believe it