The Pozzidency of Donald J. Trump: Typhoid Donnie's Slow Hypoxic Demise **Sweat Thread** (updated 100x/minute)

https://twitter.com/STEEEZUSCHRIST/status/1304464106292994048

14 Likes

Someone with some amount of integrity (frankly, probably not very much if they were still working on the transparently political “Durham Investigation” as of yesterday) quits in Trumpworld, sure to be replaced by a political hack.

Please spell out for me why this one “is important.” Because all I see is SSDD.

1 Like

It makes it plain to everyone that the Durham Investigation is a political hatchet job. (We knew that, but now so will viewers of ABC/CBS/NBC Nightly News.) She won’t be replaced by a political hack as it’s a career DOJ prosecutor position. She probably won’t be replaced, because it’s been going on for 18 months and someone new couldn’t get up to speed in two months. Her role will be filled, if at all, by someone else on the team.

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1304515999035580416?s=20

4 Likes

Narrator: It wasn’t an important development

6 Likes

important how?

damn i grunched and ponies everywhere

“It makes it plain to everyone that the Durham Investigation is a political hatchet job. (We knew that, but now so will viewers of ABC/CBS/NBC Nightly News.)”

If a report does come out prior to the election everyone will note that it’s a hit job and one of the lead prosecutors just resigned due to Barr’s meddling.

2 Likes

and how will people know this? Who is going to note it and what will ACBS/CBS/NBC nightly news say about it? I’m guessing they wont be saying “this makes it clear its a hatchet job”

2 Likes

It’s totally normalized for the President of the United States to write off the needs of states that didn’t vote for him in a time of crisis.

5 Likes

Lolololololololololololol
takes a breath
olololololololololololol.

That was a good one, simplicitus.

10 Likes

C’mon simplicitus. You’re giving viewers of ANC/CBS/NBC nightly news two orders of magnitude too much credit.

Lol if???

LOL

Not even the news anchors will note it.

@simplicitus is being a bit of a blatteroon today…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Simplicitus is correct. The Durham report will have some impact. That impact was already going to be blunted by the obviousness of the timing (and the likely conclusions).

Today’s development can only blunt that impact further. It can’t possibly hurt.

2 Likes

Bullshit. Today’s announcement has no impact at all. If she really cared she wouldnt’ just resign, she’d loudly resign and reveal why and how it’s being politicized and why it’s bullshit.

5 Likes

Also from the phrasing it doesn’t even sound like she resigned from the DOJ, just from the probe.

Wouldn’t the move be stay on and when they come out with it before the election just say its bullshit?

1 Like

Seems like there could be some ground between between important and no impact at all.

1 Like

Not that it matters much but the article is pretty clear on this point:

informed colleagues in the U.S. Attorney’s office in New Haven of her resignation from the Department of Justice by email Thursday evening.

She left the DOJ ten years ago for a corporate job in the defense industry before being recruited back by Durham. I think she’s more likely to be a Jim Comey than an Alexander Vindman so expectations should be adjusted accordingly.

2 Likes

Fair, i just read the tweet.

1 Like