The Oscars and Emmys and Golden Globe discussion thread

They’re about as close to a toss up as you can get, but I think Stone is slightly favored and likely gave the best performance of the year, man or woman.

Yeah after that I fully believe it when they say the people determining the order don’t know who is winning

1 Like

True, and it could go the other way ultimately. The academy may be giving Stone the biggest stage. hard to tell.

She’s the betting favorite. That’s why I’m already bitching on Emma’s behalf up front, though I’d like to think some other results may indicate that Poor Things was more beloved with voters than realized.

Also what eyebooger said. Based on the Hopkins thing, the organizers are truly not spoiled. They seemingly just have the intel we have (with probably an additional side of anecdotal evidence, which may or may not even help).

1 Like

Zzzzz most oscory movie wins all the Oscar’s. :frowning:

Wait, when did Gladstone flip to the favorite?

Since winning at SAG.

1 Like

https://x.com/optimstcpesimst/status/1767010926551588978?s=20

1 Like

3 Likes

Truly a great moment. Her talent cannot be denied. I’d have only accepted her loss because I’d feel confident she’ll be getting lots more nominations in years to come.

I mean I know that Emma is an elite actress, but I’m pretty sure she legitimately wasn’t expecting to actually ship this. The emotion seems too real.

1 Like

“Im pretty sure it happened during ‘I’m just Ken’” is a great line

At the in-laws and missed most of this.

Any other upsets by non-betting favorites besides Emma and the Miyazaki movie?

Nah, mostly chalk. And even Miyazaki and Emma were only slight dogs. The odds seemed to be pretty efficient.

1 Like

LOL that Trump tweet was real

1 Like

I watched Poor Things this afternoon. I almost shut it off but stuck with it. So glad I did.

Oh good grief, Al.

lul Pacino. that delivery was as anticlimactic as the actual winner

Hey the little man under the waist works, too much to ask the brain to still be functioning full throttle.

What the fuck just happened?

JFC