The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Wtf he just tackled him 2 seconds before the ball got there.

lmaooooo, just needs to lob it and he throws it 60 yards instead of anywhere from 50-55

IMG_0692

Flag thrown
Penalty marked off, 1st down
Commercial, flag picked up
4th down

That’s how you refball.

1 Like

ESPN score page showing noon game back on schefule after they took it off yesterday. The game didn’t get moved back did it? I assume it’s just a mistake.

Nope - 4:30PM and 8:00PM Eastern games today, same tomorrow.

1 Like

I mean I’m a Cowboys fan and even I was like “zomg poor Detroit” when that happened.

I’m not saying I can’t see a rationale for it, like face guarding is technically legal in the NFL and you could reasonably claim the contact was all mutual hand-fighting. But that’s more of a reason to not throw the flag to begin with. Once it’s thrown, you really need a good reason to pick it up, and there wasn’t one.

Unless the Cowboys defender has eyes in the back of his head to track the ball, I can’t see how it’s not PI.

wouldn’t the helmet cover up his rear eyes anyway?

It was thrown
Announced
AND MARKED OFF

Just blatant cheating.

X ray vision, obv

The thing about Bardy is nobody ever gives him credit for inspiring his defenses to be great

1 Like

Throwing the flag in the first place was refball

Puka would be ROY almost any other year except for this one.

He’s behind CJ and La Porta this year.

Lol at being behind Laporta :leolol:

1 Like

1 Like

https://twitter.com/cdotharrison/status/1746761598406942917

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1746669353116877202?t=KreiDOjcQ59TsVAxDwpl9g&s=19

2 Likes

DVOA isn’t a perfect stat, but it’s a nice snapsot. The average Defensive DVOA for the Patriots during the Brady run was 13th in the league - exactly what you would expect for a team that spends more than 50% of cap on the defense.

The offense averaged 5th. With more money being spent on the defense personnel, and 15+ games outdoors every year.

Only twice in the 18 Brady years was the Defense rated higher in DVOA than the offense. Twice!

If you prefer EPA, the Patriots defense was exactly equivalent to Green Bay’s defense during Rodgers run. Slightly better than league average.

I usually scroll tiktok before going to bed. Last night it was 90% jokes about the cowboys. :disappointed: