The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Stealers finally got around to firing Matt Canada. Pickett rapidly running out of excuses.

1 Like

They have enough season left to evaluate how he does with a different coordinator, less excuses to keep Pickett in the offseason when he still sucks

Yeah, I mean itā€™s obvious he sucks but Iā€™m not sure what their options are in this offseason. Theyā€™re gonna have way too low of a pick to solve it via the draft, and the only decent free agent QB will be Cousins whoā€™s old as shit and coming off a torn Achilles. Maybe they can trade him for MAGA Mac and play with a different shitty QB for a year and go from there.

You say theyā€™re going to be picking too low to address it in the draft but Iā€™ve heard thereā€™s something like 6 QBs who may be first round worthy depending on who comes out and who stays. Certainly nothing like the year they selected Pickett

The draft is a long way away and I havenā€™t scouted any of these guys but seems like thereā€™s a possibility they can trade up for a guy like McCarthy or Penix, or stay put and get someone like Jayden Daniels in the late first.

Yeah, I honestly donā€™t follow college football or the draft really so I just assumed thereā€™s not going to be anyone there in the late teens, but I could be wrong. It seems like itā€™s harder to luckbox getting someone like Big Rape outside of the top 10 these days, but I guess itā€™s still possible like with Hurts in the 2nd.

Going to guess it had something to do with the 3 picks against a mediocre/bad pass D

Woulda been nice if they realized what they had with Dobbs.

From The Athletic

1 Like

They hate us cuz they anus

1 Like

First pick

DPI not called

3rd pick. Tipped

2nd pick. Real bad

Sure he had a bad game but we won and he had two TD in 4 minutes

Itā€™s just all year. Ranking trash cans like murray and fields over GOFF lol ok

These player surveys are usually pretty interesting.

http://archive.today/EU89L

1 Like

No one more persecuted than white billionaires.

4 Likes

In a league filled with failsons, Iā€™ve got him as the worst.

Mark Davis has the dumb haircut, but he mostly keeps his mouth shut and sucks quietly.

It does seem to watch Jeff Daniels in that movie and tell the stylist- can you do that?

Anyone watched the new Barry Sanders doc? Apparently, Scott Mitchell was not a fan.

https://twitter.com/DetroitPodcast/status/1727052457531052248?t=cYymTdEHllAOLyDS7BViXA&s=19

1 Like

Scott Mitchell wasnā€™t really a part of it but it did remind us lions fans who watched in those years how hilariously bad Scott was at times. Iā€™m trying to think of a modern comparison. Strong arm, could light it up in a clean pocket, but the second he faced any pressure just became a turnover machine.

The wildest rumor to come out of it was supposedly Joe Montana wanted to come to Detroit and they thought he was too old. What a gut punch. Even if they wouldnā€™t have won, just knowing my 12 year old self was denied a chance to see Joe in a Lions jersey pisses me off.

Rich Gannon

Donā€™t have too look back to far as a lions fan

Mitchell and stafford best buds in the suck club

1 Like

https://x.com/PFF/status/1728118787394711761?s=20

Call us when he does anything significant in a playoff game.

1 Like