The Neverending Picture Game

Nope

It has to be before 1905 because Norway and Sweden are one country. Has to be after 1872 because Germanyā€™s been formed.

Also, Papua New Guinea wasnā€™t explored till 1885

It is between 1885 and 1905.

Iā€™m going to make a bold call and just give it to Twist. That was probably the best post weā€™re going to have here. It is 1898 - I think early in 1898. Itā€™s definitely after some time in 1896 and before some time in 1901.

Just noticed Cuba - 1898?

And boom. Very well done.

Sweet.

Might take me a half hour or so to post a pic.

Edit: Damit, didnā€™t beat image search
Edit2: Maybe now:

Is the Rodin one of the leaders from Calais heading out to the English?

1 Like

Hah. All that effort and you get it in 30 seconds.

I live about 20 mins walk from the Rodin museum :slight_smile:

1 Like

ruins of calakmul?

Yes, correct.

I didnā€™t reverse it, but ā€œMayan ruins in the middle of jungleā€ got there pretty quickly

Inspired by Microbet, Iā€™d like the year/decade for this map. He was too generous giving a +/- 3 year on his map, I kinda feel like I should ask for the exact year (this is a hint), but for people guessing Iā€™ll just take the decade.

Category: Decade in Roman history

1 Like

Iā€™ll never get this without a fair amount of research, but Iā€™ll just take a stab. Julius Caesar did all that fighting in France and didnā€™t even win everything, so after that. Hadrianā€™s wall is 122 AD and it looks like that is before then, so Iā€™ll go with 80 AD.

Nope, but your lower/upper bounds are correct, but if you find the clue on the map you wonā€™t need much research

Iā€™ll let someone else take a shot who might actually know. I donā€™t get anything else from the map. My Roman history is like middling at best. I do intend to listen to the Roman history podcast series by Mike Duncan. Iā€™ve listened to his Revolutions series and it is pretty good.

1 Like