The National Football League

I seriously hope the fucker sees someone he loves die on a vent because he infected that person. Fuck this guy.

“I will be outside doing what I do,” he wrote. "I’ll be out in public. If your (sic) scared of me then steer clear, or get vaccinated … I may die of covid, but I’d rather die actually living.

Gotta get people to start coughing on him 24/7.

I would rather get vaccinated and live while actually living.

2 Likes

The annoying part about being a decent person is I won’t even be happy if he gets sick

I’ll be happy enough to cover for both of us.

I was legit disappointed by that. He was definitely one of my ten favorite NBA players of all time and I have had absolutely no reason to be a Jazz fan.

This is like Gandhi territory here. And I mean the old, good Gandhi. Not the young, racist one.

Pre vaccination? Sure. Sucks to get sick if there’s nothing really to protect you.

But this asshole is saying he can get sick because a vaccinated person that doesn’t have to quarantine can transmit it to him.

And this dude would be willing to drink deer piss if it meant an extra TD here and there. He can go fuck himself.

1 Like

Not a good 24 hours for the “pro athletes aren’t just dumb jocks” crowd.

1 Like

They did the research.

11 Likes

That’s the guy who thought $1m would turn into like $10m in 10 years or something

I know, right? Not a lot of great news lately, and then, wow!

1 Like

How good is he?

I’ve already started the rumor that he came out so people would remember him as “the gay guy” and not “the financial idiot”

2 Likes

Looks like he just signed a 2 year contract, if I’m reading Over the Cap correctly. So, you can’t really spin this as angling for a new contract as some of the more cynical takes on Jason Collins coming out did. But he doesn’t have more one year of real job security, either, so he’s not doing this from a place of comfort and safety.

1 Like

Rofl this got “Hard Knocks” trending on Twitter as people share that clip.

https://twitter.com/kalynkahler/status/1407104107379318788

1 Like

Also, I may be missing something, but his math looks…pretty much correct? Doubling your money every 7 years when getting a 10% return is just about right. I guess he’s rounding up to get 64x after 42 years instead of the correct answer of 54.7x, but he’s not wrong by much.

1 Like

How many tackles for loss? Was he All-County?

7 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I didn’t know this story.

I looked it up and apparently Lombardi cut McDonald before the season started though for not showing up 15 minutes early to a team meeting and McDonald never played in the league again.

1 Like