The National Football League

Taysom is a water trash version of Tebow, lol Payton

2 Likes

Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever rooted as hard against a backup QB as I will on Sunday. Also itā€™s bullshit ESPN is letting him be played as a TE.

1 Like

I checked my one ESPN league and someone had already snagged him earlier this week, genius

Had to check Yahoo and was disappointed that he wasnā€™t TE eligible :frowning:

At least Hill was willing to play TE. When they brought that up with Tebow, he refused. Itā€™s why heā€™s getting paid peanuts in Single A ball for the Mets farm system

EDIT: Wow, heā€™s actually up in AAA. He sucks there but he made it that far.

I didnā€™t even see this coming and I picked him up anyway. I just figured with Winston at QB, he was just going to get more snaps doing something (and my TE situation is not great). This is like the 99th percentile outcome on my expectation curve.

Per Matthew Berry, he should lose his TE eligibility after this week. Still broken for this week as 20 expected points from a TE is pretty sweet.

Thatā€™s insane

Iā€™d love for Hill to put up a bagel for the lolz

Maybe fumble on his only touch.

Tebow gets socially promoted every year, regardless of performance, so expect to see him in MLB next year.

1 Like

Itā€™s more of a statement on how horrible the Mets farm system is than anything else imo. Theyā€™ve had the worst system for years.

It would be an epic troll if Hill plays one snap and then Winston comes up. Maybe plan is to get Falcons to waste all week prepping for Hill.

As mentioned by literally every singe person on twitter, Hill is TE eligible on FanDuel at min price so he might be the closest player ever to 100% ownership on a full slate.

Damn, he hit .273 in AA in 2018. Way better than I thought heā€™d ever do.

FADE then.

Yeah, he hasnā€™t been fall on his face embarrassing, but .273 with no walks/power and bad D isnā€™t the performance that normally gets you promoted.

I bet he is a good example for his teammates too as far as work ethic and being a pro.

Burrow injury pretty close to Carson Palmerā€™s I think

Not really sure where to post this, but itā€™s just a pure vent.

I go in with another guy on survivor pools every year in a gigantic pool (lower this year because of covid, but normally around 4k total entries). Basically, we go halves on the entries and he lets me make every pick for 20 entries. Iā€™m not the best survivor player, I donā€™t spend a lot of time on it, but I do check survivorgrid every week for the best EV plays, but then have to make major adjustments based on the fact that this particular pool allows you to pick the same team as many times as you want and also has some pretty strong biases that may or may not be similar to other pools. I know enough to fade the field and not overestimate how likely the biggest favorites are to win.

For example, this week, even though survivorgrid had Pittsburgh as the most +EV choice, I knew our pool would massively overpick them and underpick the Chargers despite them being only a half point off in spread. I was right- with just under 300 left, almost 60% of the pool picked the Steelers. Only 14% picked the Chargers- the exact same number that took the Chiefs, who were only favored by 7.5 instead of 10. These spots are insanely +EV if you read them correctly and I read the field correctly about 90% of the time.

Well, unfortunately, over the last couple of weeks, weā€™ve been burned by Baltimore twice (including this week when we had the only entry out of 294 on them) and Minnesota this week, and we are now down to a single entry left in the pool. Of course when the big favorites are winning more of their fair share, itā€™s a bad year for correct survivor pool strategy. Shrug.

My buddy hits me up today, says he wants to talk about something important. Iā€™m like, uhoh, does he have covid-- heā€™s really big and would be at serious risk? No, it turns out, he is extremely upset with my survivor strategy after the eliminations of the last two weeks. Ok bro. He says I have failed to adjust on the fly, whatever that means. Direct quote from him: ā€œLook at the resultsā€¦ā€ Says he needs to call the shots on the remaining entry. I told him, yeah, no problem. Not worth blowing up a friendship over, but obviously this is the last year we team up.

Hereā€™s the kicker: Iā€™VE WON THIS POOL TWICE IN SEVEN YEARS (Chops, but we are up massively in this pool, we will never be stuck). Just last year the dude watched as the 26 of 28 who made the playoffs took the biggest favorite Wild Card weekend and lost while I took Houston and survived thanks be to Watson/Watt. This was seriously less than a year ago.

Another kicker: THIS DUDE HAS PLAYED POKER PROFESSIONALLY FOR TWENTY YEARS. Heā€™s never had a losing year. Of course live poker, no way he survives online, but heā€™s a legit crusher.

Iā€™m pretty pissed off right now. Iā€™ll get over it, I donā€™t care that much, this hasnā€™t been a great year as the big favorites have only taken one loss I think (KC v Vegas first game), and the single entry left isnā€™t worth that much. But WTF man, how can someone who wins money at poker be this stupid.

9 Likes

Just hafta be less dumb than your opponents, and live players are realllly dumb. 10-20 years ago you basically just had to be sober at the table and you were pro material. Now you have to be sober and fold your preflop trash.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/nfl_memes/status/1331073557355442178?s=21

2 Likes