The Last Dance: A 10 part documentary on MJ's final title season

Damn haven’t heard Skip Carey’s voice in a long time

Hell even now, on this show tonight Reinsdorf can’t admit keeping him around was a mistake lol billionaire gonna billionaire

You’re not wrong. But he’s a ridiculously historically loyal guy to his management.

Krause is dead too, that may factor in.

Don King thinks that Pippin contract was an assjabbing

Krause was a baseball scout, I don’t know the backstory but I assume Reinsdorf owning the White Sox factors in.

In other billionaire news: Reinsdorf looks 5 years younger now than he did in 1985

2 Likes

Jerry Michael Reinsdorf (born February 25, 1936) is a CPA, lawyer and an owner of the NBA’s Chicago Bulls and the MLB’s Chicago White Sox. He started his professional life as a tax attorney with the Internal Revenue Service.

lol dude has always been a dick.

Krause having a baseball GM mentality actually makes a lot of sense in hindsight.

He was def a pompous ass with no self-awareness.

Loved the barbs from MJ and Scottie directed at Krause’s height.

“You gonna practice with us? OK, we’ll lower the rims.”

1 Like

So far MJ comes off pretty well, actually everyone does but Krause. Definitely all in on the series. I didn’t remember just how bad Pippin’s contract was

holy shit this was good

I feel like Reinsdorf (and the first two episodes) is putting too much of the blame on Krause rather than himself. No way Krause made the decision to break up the Bulls by himself. My recollection from that time was that a large elementwas that Bulls didn’t want to have to pay Jordan that $30 million a year he was getting (and potentially have to pay Pippen, etc. market rate) and would have to assume that came from ownership not GM. I’m sure Krause was the ass he’s portrayed to be and wanted to show he could do it without Jordan, but I hope they don’t let Reinsdorf off as easily as they did last night.

1 Like

Could easily watch the last 8 hours in one sitting.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought about this today. I would like very much for Pippin to be asked point blank whether or not Reinsdorf came out and told him not to sign that contract like Reinsdorf claimed. Seems dubious as hell. And it’s real easy to put it all on Krause’s shoulders when he’s not around to defend himself, but I distinctly recall at the time that basically that’s what was happening in the media. Krause was everybody’s whipping boy.

That said, Phil stated that Krause told him he was gone “even if he won 82 games” and I have seen no reason to doubt him so far, and if he said that wow just wow.

Reinsdorf is full of shit and a donk on a heater really. Luckboxed MJ then let Krause almost burn it down at every opportunity.

Reinsdorf’s loyalty to his front office people is just stupidity. Krause actually showed results so you can understand why he got kept around a little too long. But the eagerness to end a dynasty to start the Tim Floyd era? Like I get that as a GM you’re not really allowed to appreciate what you’ve done, you’re always looking to the future. But rebuilding is a gruesome prospect with an uncertain timetable. From a championship equity standpoint, it can never be correct to tear down a defending champion.

You just don’t know when rebuilding ends, in the NBA it can be impossible to get out of unless you get a premier player. You know what helps get you premier players? Not treating them like dogshit. It looked for a brief moment like LBJ and Bosh were going to sign with the Bulls. The Bulls were an 8 seed I think but they blossomed the next season (their first good year since Krause’s beloved rebuilding) and that team with LBJ alone would have been another dynasty. There are consequences for treating people like shit and the Bulls got what they deserved there.

John Paxson and Gar Forman JUST got replaced (and not even fully). There are some brilliant basketball posters here now so they can elaborate, but these fools have no clue what they are doing. The NBA has passed them by so hard. And they had more job security than anyone except Riles.

I have no reason to doubt that Krause told Jackson that and is as big of a dick as he’s portrayed - I just don’t think he did it all by himself. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he agreed to be the whipping boy to cover for Reisendorf being too cheap to pay the team what it deserved. A bit easier to sell the rebuild as being a basketball decision (although still indefensible) as opposed to ending a dynasty due to money concerns.

Reinsdorf: “I told Pippen not to sign the contract. He would be underpaid by the end of the deal and it wouldn’t be fair to him. I was just trying to help.”

Also Reinsdorf: “I absolutely do not renegotiate contracts. Pippen signed the contract. He gets what he agreed to.”

1 Like

Reinsdorf comes off as a liar and a prick. He could have fired Krause at any time and breaking up a dynasty (and money printing machine) was one of the stupidest front office moves in sports history.

are you kidding me episode 3 doesn’t air til NEXT SUNDAY??? This shit has been in the can for 20 years wtf

1 Like

Bill Simmons said on his podcast this cost at least $20 million to acquire and produce