The Inso0 AMA: Now featuring, "it's just a flu"

I don’t think I have seen any of his work. Examples of why he is so bad?

Banning people because you disagree with them or dislike their politics is a terrible idea.

2 Likes

This will fall on deaf ears, obviously.

3 Likes

Na… I already ate crow :grimacing:

The ban was wrong and done in haste, ill admit that… Also jbro was about to flip his shit and others who were posting itt were coming close. That was the main and only reason for his timeout, I was prepared to accept the backlash from it and pulled the trigger. Fire away.

Ill take whatever you peeps decide as a community going forward, if that means not being a Mod, so be it.

For what it’s worth, Inso and his ilk don’t bother me as I don’t read there post very often and just generally scan them for profanities etc.

I offered @Inso0 a appoligy and hope he accepts. :v:

I will accept this crow eating. Thanks.

1 Like

I wasn’t flipping anything. I offered to ban his stupid trolling ass. As far as I’m concerned, he fits the category of ban on sight. Obviously others disagree so I’ll live with it. Not going to apologize though - fuck him.

3 Likes

I’m not that far down in my @ notifications, but I assume this means you were the dude who banned me for “trolling and unpleasantness.”

I won’t go on a diatribe here because I understand that this is your club and I’m not a member, but I’ll just say that your inability to distinguish a troll from someone who simply doesn’t follow your personal dogma to the letter is a failing on your part, not mine. Same goes for everyone else who keeps accusing me of trolling. You gotta relax a bit or life just isn’t worth living. If I’m guilty of anything, it’s of not taking this as seriously as many of you. I’m here for the “little bit of fun” part of your tagline.

I have only read a few posts, but good on those of you who spoke out. Not because you have any love lost for me, which is fine, of course. But I see you. Brofist.

Not to rehash the events leading up to it, but I was asked to fuck off with the derail on the COVID thread and I did. I only then responded to someone summoning me back in there with a mention and a Twitter link tied to said derail. If we’re just going to @ me about things and then ban when I respond, then I’d prefer you to just permaban me for real and save us both the annoyance.

I try and believe I do generally treat people with the respect they deserve. I have thousands of posts on 2p2 going back a very long time and I’m sure you’ll find examples of that not being true; people change. However, I doubt you’ll find any since the 2 year self-ban of 2012. I was just as wound up as some of you are now, and I went true cold turkey during that time. It was great, and I highly recommend it.

Fine, maybe a mini diatribe. I’m only on the 2nd @Inso0 of a dozen or so in my list, I gotta pace myself.

1 Like

Yes… That was me.

Understood…

Agreed… And it’s why I unbanned you very quickly.

Yeah let’s no re-write the inso0 story here. He’s a world class POS.

2 Likes

“World-class POS” is a pretty aggressive label. Everyone has their own definition for what qualifies as a human piece of shit, and it changes based on circumstances.

I don’t know what your name was on 2p2 so I don’t know who you are and what our history is, but I’ve probably earned that label in your mind because I believe things like Voter ID and work requirements have value. That’s mostly a difference in opinion on how to run a society and shouldn’t relegate me to the shit pile, imo.

If you base it who I typically vote for, then I think the term has pretty much lost all meaning outside the walls of forums like this because you’re assigning it to half of the entire country.

You might say I’m POS because I’m a racist sexist homophobe, but I’d challenge you to come up with reasons for holding that belief that are race, gender, or sexual orientation related and I guarantee you’d come up empty. There’s too much “Inso0 says X and I think X disproportionately affects minority group Y so thus he’s a bigot” going on, and that’s just lazy. A recent example of this is when I made a comment here about city buses and my commute to work. Me hating getting stuck behind buses was used as an example of how racist I am, and that honestly just blows my mind. A bus is a bus, and they’re in my way and annoying. I even called out an intersection I get stuck at constantly and then in 5 of the 6 timestamps available on Google Maps Streetview, there was a bus stopped at a green light at that same intersection.

So, am I really a POS, or are you just connecting all sorts of unrelated dots in your own mind to draw incorrect conclusions that support your preconceived bias against right wingers?

I’m not a saint, but world-class POS would be a tough thesis to defend.

I agree - you’re just a garden variety POS, not world class.

3 Likes

lol, Voter ID was explicitly designed to disenfranchise minorities and Republicans have openly admitted it.

Just a disagreement about who should be allowed to vote and who shouldn’t!

Yeah sorry Inso, but we have eyes available to read your posts. We do not need you to go all racists anonymous and stand up and say “My name is Inso, and I am a racist” to be able to correctly assign motives to your actions.

Right-wingers have shifted the goalposts from “makes judgments on people based solely on the color of their skin” to “hates every single member of the group” since they were tired of accurately being called racist based on the former definition.

Gotta disagree with banning ins0. Being an asshole isn’t against the rules.

I also don’t mind a token right-winger or two. Since I rarely have contact with them, I don’t know what’s rattling around in their heads. Know your enemy and all that.

Count me against banning Ins0. Just put him on ignore or whatever if you feel the need.

I’ll preface this by saying that I don’t have the history built up with Inso0 that a lot of you do and I can’t point to a single post on #StuckPolitics by him. I do recognize the name and have a sense of his general political direction, but I just don’t find him memorable enough to know how to differentiate him from other posters from back then, other than to remember that his location was listed as Milwaukee (which stood out because I have gone to play at a WSOP Circuit event there), and he may have had his highest volume posting during times when I wasn’t participating. So am I going to engage on the topic of voter ID with a few questions directed towards Inso0.

Can we agree that allowing someone to vote who is not allowed to vote and also not allowing someone to vote who is allowed to vote both cause some degree of harm to society?

if both are negative value to society, then what is the relative value of both? More explicitly, if we say that the harm of allowing x people to vote who are not allowed to vote is the same as the harm of not allowing y people to vote who are allowed to vote, what are the values of x and y?

Instead of making people carry their ID with them, would you be opposed to a technological solution where poll workers could access a government database, complete with pictures, to confirm someone’s identity?

No, because the end result is the same.

I am more than aware of the arguments against Voter ID, I just don’t think they’re particularly strong. You need a valid ID to do just about anything in this country and they are free and easy to obtain for 99.9% of people. That said, I don’t even believe that voter ID needs to be the way we ensure one man one vote. I’ll happily offer my forehead for a Simba-style “I voted” ink mark if that’s what we go with instead. Everyone walks around with an ink stain for the 3 days that it stays on and you get to see who participated in the process.

The issue with the above is that we reserve the right to vote only to citizens, and the ink doesn’t know who is a citizen or not.

I don’t want my face in a government database any more than you would, though I am not inherently against it if the benefits outweigh the discomfort I feel in knowing it exists. I’m more pragmatic than most.

This is the part where you’re willfully ignorant. There is a reason that the GOP pushes for voter ID and not an ink stain on your thumb. Why do you think that is?