The Great Resignation: Remote workplaces and the future of work

I can see that, but If I was working only 5hrs a week, and I could double my salary by working an extra 5-10 hrs, I would be willing to put up with quite a bit of stress.

Jfc people. Just get eight 5 hr/wk jobs and make bank. 8x125k is a milly.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m just lazy, but working 5 hours per week sounds amazing. I see exactly zero problems with this.

7 Likes

Inevitably meetings will be scheduled at the same time. One job needs to know they’re second banana. A lot won’t put up with that.

I hate it. I like what I do and get satisfaction from it. I don’t need 40 hours, but at least 20 keeps me fulfilled and mentally balanced.

Yes I can do shit on my own that no one cares about. But that really doesn’t motivate me at all.

Only eight jobs?

1 Like

Having 4-5 clients at the same time is difficult managing a schedule. My largest client with ~10-12 folks on a call just moved their time directly on top of a smaller clients weekly.

I’m going to get the smaller client to move theirs. I’m more directly integral to their call but it will be much easier to move them up or back 1-2 hours.

My last job (which was almost two decades ago already, my first job out of grad school), was in consulting. It was a small local firm - during the interview, the CEO told me they had 30 consultants and that they would train me to fill in any experience/knowledge gaps. Both were lies. Never taught me shit, except for what I learned doing menial stuff on my first project, and I could count the consultants on one hand.

Point is, after a couple months, the boss man (there’s a lot to say about this guy - he was a dictator) assigned me as project manager on TWO projects. Two different industries, client headquarters in two different states, locations in multiple states. I had no experience with either industry. It was a “fake it 'til you make it situation,” but I never made it. It was a situation where I needed 5-10 consultants working under me and I had ZERO. It was just me. I constantly found myself lying to the clients on my progress, trying to make sure they didn’t know the other existed.

I eventually quit. The stress wasn’t fair to me and the dishonesty wasn’t fair to the clients. My immediate superior, who was a good guy, quit a couple months later and then dished all the dirt on the CEO.

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/career/home-depots-cofounder-—-who-retired-in-2002-—-says-he-doesnt-want-the-woke-generation-leading-business-because-of-their-laziness/ar-AA16z2Oy?li=BBnb7Kz

Get fucked Boomer

7 Likes

I don’t want to work anymore ¯_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

Imagine wanting to work lololol

7 Likes

My gf and I were talking about some home repair today and she mentioned going to HD, stopped and said, “but go to Lowes, obviously”

2 Likes

It’s truly awesome how much young people hate boomers

2 Likes

Imagine interviewing someone who hasn’t worked in 20 years on their opinion if kids now days don’t want to work. The guy hasn’t been in a work environment with a young person since the last young people they were complaining about turned into middle aged people

1 Like

Lol

2 Likes

Ok boomers

Is that when you make someone complete work product as part of an interview process?

4 Likes

One thing I absolutely love about whatever the generation younger than millennials is: they are completely realistic about just how little your employer actually cares about you. It’s so fun watching boomer bosses interact with them.

5 Likes

I manage a lot of those people. Just finished giving comp results. One team member’s question: can I limit my work to 40 hours a week with no nights or weekends, switch to fully remote, and move across the country to a city where our company doesn’t have an office?

Me: let me get back to you.

This… seems reasonable?

3 Likes