The Great Resignation: Remote workplaces and the future of work

A growing cottage industry of what some managers call “tattleware” now caters to company leaders wanting some way to peer over workers’ shoulders and confirm their productivity.

Lol good name

A happier workforce, they argue, is ultimately more productive, and much of Pragli’s infrastructure appears designed to maximize work output. The app’s default setting automatically sends users an alert at 9 a.m.: “Time to go to work!"

If always on webcams and mandatory meetings are analogous to the in office environment did no one say “Hey, what if your boss were to call you at 9 every day and yell 'get to work!”

1 Like

Look, I took your bargain. I tacitly endorse your corrupt evil system in return for treats. I’m willing to cosplay to some extent in order to get my UBI, my tiny (but personally significant) share of the plunder of empire. But we both known this job is meaningless bullshit do we really have to pretend so hard?

1 Like

I think Musk is just trying to reduce headcount in a roundabout way

The company would be bankrupt if Elon wasn’t in the office tweeting all day?

I sometimes post things on the internet. This is what gregorio says that mason malmuth says that elon musk says on the topic of working.

Yours Sincerely,

GYC

4 Likes

Card room managers work from home?

1 Like

Not on Mason’s watch!

2 Likes

Not sure about zero consequences. I assume he lost his boner.

the only person who was offended on the zoom was masha gessen

We sometimes have zoom (different software, but same thing) running with webcam and call them “watercoolers”. They are totally optional, but we pair on things a lot. I like them - do it maybe a third of the time. But I like everyone I work with.

I am more productive and tend to work longer from home but if they start any of those productivity tools then I will go to the office and spend most of my time getting interrupted by people with chats about their weekend/cat/dog.

I have no idea how people work in an office. I tried it in my early 20s and I progressively began to drink more and more after each day of work. First it was a beer, then two, then mixed drinks and by the time I was mercifully fired, I was getting tipsy every night before bed. Then, I was driving to work the next day.

What a soul-draining existence. Especially soul-draining since this is the fantasy of many current employers:

2 Likes

Spot on

https://twitter.com/Carnage4Life/status/1532685908423561216

I’m not a businessperson but I would think you’d want a deeper analysis than just super bad feelings before decimating your workforce.

6 Likes

Lol at hmmm I feel a recession coming yeah let’s fire 10k people that sounds good

1 Like

But he has a super bad feeling and is a genius how can you question the word of God emperor musk?

Congrats on the ultra-rare historically accurate use of this word.

23 Likes

LOL, I was literally going to post this exact same thing.

7 Likes

Elon’s feelings have really been serving him well lately.

The 2028 Musk administration will take note of your sarcasm.

2 Likes