The Goonies

What’s your favorite scene?

I think mine is when they find the bottom of the wishing well and almost take all of those coins. Some of the kids rightly decide stealing the coins would be like stealing the dreams of the people who dropped them.

But then Mouth speaks his truth. He’s taking his share of coins because he dropped plenty of his own and never saw his dreams come true, so he’s taking them back.

Also, I’m pretty sure Sloth kills someone.

You go to 2:04 and that is most definitely the scream of dismemberment.

love this movie

2 Likes

Data’s boxing glove.

1 Like
1 Like

I had Goonies 2 on NES…your weapon was a sling shot and a yo-yo

Played the shit out of that game

Never played the first one

1 Like

The whole movie

So the deleted scenes

When they protect Sloth from the popo.

1 Like

Can’t recall great details of the film but Sloth scared the absolute shit out of me as a 6 year old.

1 Like

The organ scene.

A# and Bb are the same note, it was maybe the first time external knowledge broke a scene for me. As a kid I felt really smart, but watching again I think it is just a child panicking in the moment and it makes sense and works fine.

The thing is, I remember it being worse than a A#/Bb thing, I thought it was like Fb or B# or something. They definitely aren’t playing the notes she says but that’s not relevant, I don’t care in a kids movie.

I now feel dumber for having felt smarter as a kid. Life is weird.

1 Like

Me and someone I can’t recall had this exact argument elsewhere on the forum–with ldo lolme arguing there is a harmonic distinction between the two for modulation purposes–and it’s only now that I realize this movie is probably where I convinced myself this was true.

1 Like

I have a goonies never say die shirt. No one really ever seems to get the reference.

1 Like

1 Like

Ok I guess I’ll be the one:

1 Like