The Ginger C(h)at LC Thread for Sundry Chatchitting (2026 remix edition)

I’m like that with Kung Pao. But I also like me some fried rice or mu shoo pork. Those are my big three.

1 Like

Well, Smith’s (Kroger) is on my shit-list for today. I went in since I was walking by anyway and not only did they not have the Tso’s on sale like they claimed, when I was going to settle for the Marie Callender’s orange, which was on sale, the UPC wouldn’t scan for the coupon. Not worth talking to a person, so I walked out sans chicken.

1 Like

https://x.com/nihilists4jesus/status/2012959168697618797?s=46

10 Likes

videos of the snow in kamchatka keep getting crazier…

https://x.com/realdonkeith/status/2013289700656558254?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

3 Likes

That is the point.

I’ve never had the Canadian version of this, but I’m sure at some point I’ve had a reasonably authentic Chinese Beef dish with a fair amount of ginger.

I don’t have problems with Asian sauces in general. I’m just saying that General Tso is a sign of an inauthentic restaurant that is probably not very good. The first part of that is hard to argue against, the latter part is the hot take part (which is why I labeled it as such), and I recognize that most people probably would not agree with that.

Did she die from dingos or with dingos?

2 Likes

Police said it is too early to know if the woman’s death was caused by the wild dogs, which are protected as a native species in Queensland’s national parks.

“I can confirm that the woman’s body had been touched and interfered with by the dingoes,” said Queensland Police Inspector Paul Algie, “but we’re not speculating yet as to whether that was anything to do with her cause of death.”

1 Like

Authentic to what? Mainland China?

General Tso is a very authentic Chinese-American dish, and it’s “authentic” to all the Chinese-American chefs who grew up in the US.

Your hot take would be as foolish as saying “Any Indian place that serves Chicken Tikka Masala is an inauthentic restaurant, so the food is likely shit.”

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yes. I think Taiwan or HK would be fine too.

That may be true, but not what I was talking about. See above.

First of all, I didn’t say any, I said 90%. There are exceptions to my General Tso rule. I’ve even been to some.

Secondly, while you wouldn’t find Chicken Tikka Masala that you get at random strip mall buffet in India, there are Indian dishes with chicken in some sort of tomato based curry that are in the same ballpark.

On the other hand, I don’t think we can say the same thing about chicken nuggets coated with fluorescent pink sauce.

Nah that’s the Bat Signal bruh

:leolol:

Y’all are taking the Tikka Masala from me too??

You just ignore them like when they talk s*** about the McRib

1 Like

I’d rather eat General Tso’s than a McRib.

1 Like

Case rested

You guys should YouTube search Indian street food if you want to know what real Indian food looks like.

It’s shocking.

95% of the ads I see on Youtube are scams.

1 Like