The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

Since when does he pay lawyers?

2 Likes

FYP

Really looking forward to Rudy’s presser in front of this place.

1 Like

9 Likes

He still thinks it matters

https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1507061676343906307?s=21

1 Like

Wiki says civil cause of action. I think that means yes.

I think their website crashed, lol.

LOL

Yes, but they are very complex and almost never win. A RICO claim is a red flag not to take a case seriously.

In a number of recent cases, including this one, Trump has used this crazy NJ lawyer lady with like a joint law/cosmetology degree from Devry.

Except Saul is a skilled lawyer.

https://twitter.com/corbinkbarthold/status/1507056271211393024?s=20&t=qE5PQe2iFKv_L6IoCquT1A

If you have all those areas of practice, you have no area of practice.

LET THEM FIGHT

That’s a white shoe law firm for sure. Tennis shoes.

3 Likes

It at least sounds like they are appropriate for this type of case since one of their specialties is Entertainment Law.

2 Likes

is bar admission just a local pub?

Much easier to get kicked out of a pub.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1507107080129372165?s=20&t=nsAYod5JizlfIMi0N-VAeQ

On Nov. 10, after news organizations had projected Joe Biden the winner based on state vote totals, Thomas wrote to Meadows: “Help This Great President stand firm, Mark!!!..You are the leader, with him, who is standing for America’s constitutional governance at the precipice. The majority knows Biden and the Left is attempting the greatest Heist of our History.”

When Meadows wrote to Thomas on Nov. 24, the White House chief of staff invoked God to describe the effort to overturn the election. “This is a fight of good versus evil,” Meadows wrote. “Evil always looks like the victor until the King of Kings triumphs. Do not grow weary in well doing. The fight continues. I have staked my career on it. Well at least my time in DC on it.”

An interesting thing that people fail to realize is that those at or near the top of power often embrace conspiracies about power. This should be a theme in more movies and literature, but I can only think of a few (Network, Brazil, maybe Gravity’s Rainbow) where those at the “top” are often completely delusional about the “system,” or where the idea of an ordered system is subject to satire (a big theme in Vonnegut). Look at Trump (“deep state!”), Putin, or Stalin, Khaddaffi, Saddam, or any autocrat and you see similar lines of thought.

The core of projects like Fox is that the other is always out there, menacing you, seeking to fool you, to steal your beans. You need concealed weapons to protect yourself from them, and they have rigged the system against you.

As the song Plateau says, “There’s nothing on the top but a bucket and a mop, and an illustrated book about birds.” This needs to be a bigger part of our cultural understanding.

4 Likes

Paging Merrick Garland.

Merrick Garland to the “do your fucking job” phone please.

2 Likes

Thing I don’t understand is if they’re so confident God is on their side and the other side is evil and so on, why don’t they just go all YOU’RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!

The whole WaPo article is pants-on-head crazy. Bitch is as loony as they come.

On Nov. 24, Thomas engaged Meadows again by sharing a video from Parler, a conservative social media website, that appeared to refer to conservative commentator Glenn Beck.

“If you all cave to the elites, you have to know that many of your 73 million feel like what Glenn is expressing,” Thomas wrote.