The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

lol, just realized this wasn’t the food thread.

Anyways, fish sauce is usually the only source of salt in pho recipes, so I’m not sure what other salty elements you are including. Roast the bones and maybe the vegetables. Toast the aromatics. Simmer for a long time. It’s supposed to be simple. I’d suggest adding half the fish sauce your recipe calls for at the beginning, then adding more to season to taste later in the process.

1 Like

You haven’t lived until you’ve tried this place.

And by lived I mean eaten a warm enema bag full of some kind of weird sauce and a few pieces of meat.

French tacos are just terrible wraps, right? Like a burrito with French fries but without the spicy stuff that actually makes burritos taste good.

download.jpeg-5

Yes but that’s not what they look like at all. They’re like 90% this weird orange-pink sauce. I tried one just out of curiosity. It was scary.

1 Like

Lol, I think you are forgetting what country you live in. The primary debates will probably get started in 7 months!

French tacos are all about playing Mad Libs with ingredients and sauces. Especially the sauces. The primary target market seems to be teenagers.

Ill give this a shot. Thanks man

Someone should make a Canadian burrito filled with poutine.

I’m gonna guess that already exists. I’ll be wandering near a couple food courts this afternoon. I’ll see if I can find one.

1 Like

Did Wichita just get back from a semester abroad?

2 Likes

And I never do. My issue is drive down the highway in the United States and every small town exit had the same handful of food options. That doesn’t exist anywhere else.

The vast majority of the country is that kind of hellscape. Like 99% of it. No one is debating whether or not San Franscisco or NYC has a good food scene.

More than 1% of the country lives in Los Angeles. I’ve lived in five different metros as an adult and they all had good food.

10 posts ago I posted that OKC has a sneakily good food scene. So I don’t really disagree with you. Part of it is what CW said though. It’s a pain in the ass to actually experience because it’s a 20 minute drive or more. Or an uber if drinking.

OKC takes nearly an hour to drive at highway speed with no traffic from the north end of the metro to the south. I live in a decent part of town and there are zero decent food options within walking distance. There is zero public transit. Meanwhile i can stay in pretty much any rando place in most of the rest of the world and have a plethora of options within walking distance.

1 Like

Have you been to Elyria, OH though

Sweet carrabbas and buffalos wild wings there.

3 Likes

this is a hall of fame bad take. you can find really good food in any mid-sized city in the US.

1 Like

there’s your leak, comparing where you live to where people might stay as a visitor.

I already posted that you could. It is largely overwhelmed in scope by the corporate food entities to an unprecedented extent though.

“I’m mad that I chose to live out in the exurbs so I’m moving to europe”

1 Like