The Former Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Volume XII: Nevertheless, NFTs!

Emoluments clause, folks! We got him!!!

1 Like

21 Likes

Who am I ?

17 Likes

I wonder of we’ll ever know how close we actually came to trump seizing power. Sure seems pretty close.

THE WALLS ARE CLOSING IN BABY

(lol its a civil suit and nothing will happen)

just a former president having a normal one

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-offers-unusual-endorsement-of-hungarian-prime-minister-viktor-orban-ahead-of-parliamentary-elections/2022/01/03/23db1000-6c9b-11ec-b9fc-b394d592a7a6_story.html

Former president Donald Trump made an unusual endorsement in a foreign election on Monday, offering his “Complete support” for Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, a right-wing populist leader accused of undermining the country’s democracy and moving toward autocracy during more than a decade in power.

Six opposition parties have coalesced around Hungarian opposition leader Peter Marki-Zay in a bid to oust Orban, who has championed “illiberal democracy” and become a pariah among European Union members, in parliamentary elections planned for the spring.

“Viktor Orbán of Hungary truly loves his Country and wants safety for his people,” Trump said in a statement. “He has done a powerful and wonderful job in protecting Hungary, stopping illegal immigration, creating jobs, trade, and should be allowed to continue to do so in the upcoming Election. He is a strong leader and respected by all. He has my Complete support and Endorsement for reelection as Prime Minister!”

I was assured that Trump was not actually trying to seize power.

8 Likes

Fyp

9 Likes

These two things aren’t mutually exclusive, and I don’t disagree with you at all. I just meant specifically on and around Jan 6th 2021.

1 Like

We got him!

1 Like

My “independent”** dad now thinks the 2020 election was not secure. Basically on a post-truth world theory:

1. when ballots are mailed to houses, family members and others can “easily” vote for each other

2. undeniable that this happened at least once without anyone knowing

3. the upper bound on much it happened is only limited by your imagination

Therefore, it is impossible to say the election was fair and everyone will believe what they want. And of course this is the fault of Ds for making our elections insecure.

** He honestly considers himself an independent but is pretty much like Joe Rogan at this point. Will occasionally spit fire at the right or say/agree with left wing talking points but his deep seeded vitriol is all at the left and his id is to the right. Pretty certain he will never vote D again in his life.

Point is Trump has set the stage. The electoral process has been completely discredited among a large majority of right leaning people so a firm response/“corrective” is justified.

2 Likes

If this happened in large numbers, there would be a lot of people saying, “Hey, I never got my ballot.” And there’s not. This might be a bigger potential issue in states that have “universal” mail-in ballots but most places only send you a ballot if you ask for one (and therefore know it’s coming and expect it). And the ones that do universal are mostly not swing states at all, e.g., CA, UT, etc.

Also, signature verification is a thing that happens almost everywhere. It’s not super-scientific and hardly foolproof, but it’s not worthless either.

So what your dad is talking about is potentially millions of people independently deciding to commit a serious crime, risk jail, forge a signature, and hope the ballot’s real owner doesn’t notice. All to register a single additional vote for their preferred candidate. It’s madness.

Moreover, it strikes me that this is a world apart from the Lindellian “big lie” conspiracies like millions of counterfeit Chinese ballots being injected into the system, or hacked voting machines using “algorithms” to switch votes from Trump to Biden.

In a way, these wacky conspiracies are actually more plausible than massive voter fraud, since they rely on a relatively small number of bad actors secretly making massive changes, as opposed to a huge number of people independently making tiny changes.

2 Likes

The way he was saying it is that the real ballot owner wouldn’t have voted so doesn’t care about a friend or relative voting for them, and certainly would not want to get them in trouble for it.

Classic example is an infirm elder but could be a teenage kid or really any politically uninterested relative living with you.

Maybe the friend/relative even requests the ballot, fills it out and then asks the real, but otherwise uninterested, voter to sign it. So in that case it’s “maybe a legal vote” but not a “legitimate vote” in his mind.

If I were to say I think that to the extent there was a small amount of fraud it was from Rs because Trump convinced them Ds were cheating so it was justified, he would just respond “you may be right, but like I said everyone is going to believe what they want under this system.”

Who paid her to tweet that?

she’s trying to ingratiate herself to the crypto community so she can make millions of dollars with her melaniaNFT

1 Like

i am now strongly anti bitcoins.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/noahshachtman/status/1478159453509857287?s=21

1 Like